Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without their

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without their permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

 

 

Worst Nightmare

 

He couldn’t believe that they had caught him. How had they done that? He was already sporting some bruises when he had tried to run from Sam. He was in the same cell he was in when Miss Parker had been shot. He glared at the camera and then looked at the cover hole. It still had the bar on it. Even if it didn’t he didn’t know if he had the stomach to make another escape that way again.

 

He looked up as the door opened and watched as Mr. Lyle, Sam and two other sweepers walked in. He wasn’t in the mood to see them. He had hoped that Sydney would come to see him, but he hadn’t seen him yet.

 

“Welcome back to the Centre, Jarod.”

 

He glared at Lyle as he said that.

 

“It’s time to do a sim, Jarod. Let’s go.”

 

“I’m not doing another sim.”

 

“Yes, you will Jarod. If not today, but maybe the next day. If not the next day the day after that.”

 

“I wouldn’t count on it.”

 

“Jarod you obviously know how the Centre works. You know that eventually you will work again.”

 

“Keep telling yourself that.”

 

Lyle nodded to the sweepers.

 

“You know what to do.”

 

He watched as they grabbed Jarod and hung him from the ceiling.

 

“Not this again.”

 

“Shut up Jarod.”