Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don't own Jarod or Miss Parker. And I definitely don't own Rachel Burke of the "Profiler".

Author's Note: Bold italics are their thoughts.

Miss Parker walked around his house. Everything was in perfect order. So, she thought, until she saw pieces of his clothing scattered on the carpet. Slob! She followed the trail of his jacket, necktie, dress shirt from the living room sofa to the closed bedroom door where she found a pair of woman's open-toe three-inch red heels. Something she would definitely wear. The "ice queen" hesitated, but her hand touched the doorknob. Slowly, she pushed the door open. Shit! She'd never imagined this scenario at all. Of course, he was a man with needs but, to actually witness him in bed with a woman in the flesh, in the raw, fast asleep, cuddled in each others arms was something she had never expected.

With the cocked sound of her 9mm and someone standing over them, Jarod, being a light sleeper, opened his eyes and immediately sat up at the sight of her. Rachel, too, jumped up as she felt his sudden jolt.

In a stance position, Parker aimed her pistol at them.

"Put the gun down, Parker. You don't want murder on your hands." Jarod spoke calmly.

"Make me," she hissed.

Rachel wrapped herself with the bed sheet.

"Why cover up, darling? We've got the same thing," Parker told the profiler.

"Is this the secret you've been keeping from me, Jarod? You've got a wife?" Rachel shook at the sight of the pistol and turned to Jarod.

"She's not my wife."

Parker yelled. "So, who gets it first?"

"Parker, this isn't funny. Put the damned gun down."

"Do you see me laughing?" She aimed her 9mm at her "pretender". "Who is this tramp? First, it was Nia, then Zoe, so who's your new playmate now?"

"Didn't realized you kept track of my..."

"Extra curriculum activities?" She shot an icy glare at Rachel.

"What I do with my personal life is none of your business".

"So, what were you profiling? What exactly does a profiler do? Besides this?" She waved her pistol at Rachel.

"I see you've done your homework." He grabbed his shorts which was discarded the night before off of the floor and put it on. He then yanked Parker's arm and led her into the living room.

"How the hell did you get in?" They both hollered loud enough for his lover to have heard every word of their conversation.

"I guess you two were in such a rush to jump into bed, you forgot to lock your front door, you bloody idiot!"

During their screamfest, Rachel dressed quickly and waited until she thought it was safe for her to leave. She made a dash to the door when Jarod stopped her.

"Rachel! You're not leaving. She is!" He pointed to Parker. "Get out! Unless you're planning to take me in, get the hell out!"

Parker cocked her head and made no attempt to move.

"I said get out!" He held the door open for her.

Parker slapped him hard across the face. She raised her hand for a second hit, but Jarod quickly grabbed her wrist. "I said to get out."

"Fuck you! Fuck both of you!" Parker yelled as she stormed out. As she stood outside of his house, she trembled. My god! What the hell just happened? What the hell did I just do? Why?

Jarod turned to Rachel. "I think it's about time you know who I am. I'm what they call a "Pretender". When I was very young I lived at a place called "The Centre".

Rachel listened without any interrupted questions. When he was done, he waited for her reaction.

"Tell me again, who Parker is to you?" Jarod knew that would have been the first question asked.

"Just what I told you. She was my first friend at "The Centre". The daughter of the chairman of the board.

"Jarod, she wasn't just a friend. She was upset when she saw us in bed. You had a sexual relationship with her?"

"No. Just a kiss we shared once a very long time ago."

"Must have been some hell of a kiss, Jarod."

He was quiet and reminisced back. They were so very young then. Why now? Where were you two months ago, Parker?

"Jarod, let me tell you this. A woman can tell things a man can't. Your Parker? She's been in love with you for a very long time now. You say there's sweepers? Where were they? She wouldn't have come here to have apprehended you alone and taken you back to "The Centre", she might have had other intentions. Only she never expected someone here with you. She sounded more like a jealous wife who just found her husband in bed with his mistress, than her just doing her job in returning you where she thinks you belong. It's not "The Centre". I believe she thinks you belong to her. Do you, Jarod? Do you belong to her? What exactly is she to you? Do you love her? Have you always loved her?"

Jarod stayed quiet.

"I guess I know your answer. Look, I'd better leave. Call me if things don't work out with you two. But, something tells me you won't be calling. Who are you, Jarod? And this Sydney person, he's the only father you've known?"

"Yes, he's the only father I've known. I'm not an FBI agent. My name is Jarod Russell."

JMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMP

"I found Jarod. With that profiler woman." Miss Parker mumbled as she walked into her office and found the psychiatrist and computer technician waiting for her. "Don't you two have anywhere else to hang out besides my office?"

"Where, Miss Parker?" Broots asked. "Where'd you find, Jarod? Have you called the sweepers?"

"Is he alright, Parker?" Sydney asked concerned.

"Yes, he's fine, Sydney! And to answer your question, Broots! No, I haven't called in the sweepers! And where'd I find him? In bed! Profiling each other! They were buck naked!" She screamed and slammed her bag on her desk and lit up a cigarette.

"Well, yeah, Miss Parker. I supposed they'd be naked." He laughed nervously. "You found Jarod in bed with a woman?"

"Broots." Sydney warned him.

"Shut up, Broots! You too, Sydney! Both of you, shut the fuck up! Get out before I actually blow everybody's brains off!"

Outside of her office, Broots laughed. "She's jealous! Miss Parker's jealous! I think she's got a thing for Jarod!"

"Broots. That's enough." Sydney spoke calmly.

"I still can hear you two! Fuck!" She roughly opened her office door. "I'm not jealous! Who said I'm jealous! He can go fucking anyone he wants to! You got that?"

"Yeah, yeah, Miss Parker."

"Broots! Let's go."

As they walked away, Broots continued his chatter. "Except she wished she was the one in that bed with him. What's all this supposed to mean, Sydney?"

"It means exactly what you just said. Miss Parker is very much indeed jealous on seeing Jarod with another woman."

"Not just in a restaurant, Sydney! In bed! She found them in bed together!"

"You're really enjoying yourself at this very moment, aren't you, Broots?"

"Well, yeah! Aren't you?"

JMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMPJMP

Miss Parker stumbled into her house and made her way on the sofa in the dark.

"Where have you been?" Jarod switched on the light and stood in front of her.

"Having some fun of my own," she slurred. "What are you doing here? Go back home to your Rachel!"

"You're drunk, Parker."

"And you're a bastard, Jarod!"

"Let me go fix you a cup of coffee and then we can talk, alright? I'd like to talk to you."

Like a child, she covered her ears with her hands. "Leave me alone." She laid in a fetal position and hugged a cushion. Parker mumbled under her breath, but, it was loud enough for Jarod to have heard her. "Even if you wanted me now, I sure as hell don't want you, after you've been with her, in her." She cried painfully.

Jarod sat beside her and stroked her hair. "I'm sorry, Parker." I never told Rachel I loved her. I never loved her. Would that make you less angry at me?

She pushed his hand away. "Please leave me alone. I don't want you in my life. I've just erased you from my past. You never existed. I don't want you. Not anymore. And I've stopped my feelings for you from entering my future."

Jarod was her everything. But, he hadn't known it. She feared his rejection which kept her from telling him how she felt. After all, she had a job to do. Her heart broke a little more each time as she watched him from afar. She was hypnotized by those chestnut colored eyes of his. With each passing moment, her heart ached for him. When she finally realized she couldn't have gone on without having told him how she felt, she had made a decision in the early morning to do so, not realizing he would have shattered her heart into bits and pieces.

"Parker," he knelt down onto the floor and again stroked her hair. He wanted her to look at him with those beautiful sky blue eyes of hers. He would do just about anything to turn back the hands of time. Jarod loved her and wanted her to love him back, but, as he watched her helplessly crying, he scratched that possibility out of his mind.

"Don't touch me." She inched her body away from him, but still, he stroked her locks. "You touched her."

Immediately, he stopped and watched as she cried.

She cried herself to sleep that night. When she had awoken the next morning, a blanket covered her and found a pillow placed under her head. It took her several seconds before she recalled her crying session during the night and the painful event that had occurred. She then, continued her cry.

TBC- Chapter 2