Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

“Are you going to tell me what’s going on, Ethan?” Nat hit his back playfully as Ethan shifted on the bike. “Well?”

“Once we are safe.” He started the bike and let out a sigh. He was aware of the soft curves now pressing against his back. Ethan closed his eyes for only a moment, but quickly opened them aware of the road ahead.

Natasha’s fingers slipped under his blue t-shirt and played with his bare chest. She let out a giggle nibbling his neck. Her long night mare was over. He was here! He came back to her!

‘Are you aware that this will cause us problems?’ Jarod’s voice rang out in Ethan’s mind as another vision flashed before him. Jarod holding Miss Parker against his bare chest.

Parker glanced into his eyes. ‘Your saying this NOW?’ She smirked as Jarod reached out touching her cheek.

“ETHAN?” Natasha’s fingers pinched him as Ethan noticed he was coming close to a running off the road. “My GOD are you alright?”

Ethan slowed the bike down and let out a sigh parking it at the side of the road. “Hold on a moment.” He closed his eyes trying to force his demanding inner sense to remain quiet.

“Ethan?” Natasha touched his cheek, and Ethan felt his insides shake.

‘Park, lets go to the park sweetie!’ Catherine Parker’s voice rang out in his mind.

‘Parker’s a creature of habit.’ The vision of Jarod on the computer screen flashed before him.

“I’m okay.” He opened his eyes and smiled. “We can go on now.”

“Wait a moment.” Natasha reached out. “For a moment you were there and the next we almost ran off the road. Ethan what’s going on?”

“Do you trust me?” He took her hand kissing the palm.

“You know I do.”

“Then it will have to wait until we are safe.” Ethan jumped back on his bike. “How far is a State Park from here?”

“A few hundred miles, but I thought you had somewhere else in mind?”

“I did but plans change.” Ethan started up the bike and took off yet again. This time the bike was able to drowned out the inner sense. He couldn’t help but smile wondering what lead Jarod and Parker to spend an evening together. He felt the hours tick by as they remained on the road. The soft pinch of her hands on his chest signaled that she needed to stop. He pulled over at the nearest rest stop and felt his legs ache.

“Don’t you ever stop?” Nat leaned into him.

“I can’t.” He smiled and watched as she hopped off the bike. He watched her enter the restroom and let out a worried sigh.

The soft ring of his cell phone make his whole body jump. “Yes?”

“Ethan!” Parker’s voice was thick and full of worry. “Where in the hell have you been?”

“I’ve been worried about you too.” Ethan let out a chuckle “Where are you?”

“Like I’m going to tell you over a cell phone.” Parker let out a sigh. “Ethan… “

“I know you have a team after you, and I think I know why.”

Parker blushed thankful that Ethan couldn’t see her. “Yeah?”

“Yeah!” Ethan narrowed his eyes glancing at a map. “When did it happen?”

“I have no idea what your talking about.” Parker snickered as Ethan let out another laugh.

“I’ll see you soon.” Ethan hung up the phone as Natasha walked back towards the bike. “Are you alright?” He touched her pale face as she leaned against him.

“To many hours on your bike.”

“I’m afraid we have one more to go.” Ethan moved her in front of him. “Are you going to make it?”

“I just have this pounding in my head. It gets better on your bike for some reason.”

‘July, July, July’ The inner voice called out.

“Well let’s get going. My sister is no doubt waiting for us.” Ethan smiled handing her the helmet. He felt the open road started to push back the voices as his mind raced. If Jarod had gotten Miss Parker pregnant what would it mean for the Centre? ‘They no longer need any of us.’

They went onward entering the wooded state park. Ethan was now going with the voices calling the forth in order to find his sister. “Do you know where your going?” Nat’s southern accent always made him shiver with a strange desire.

“Honestly?” He smiled stopping at a stop sign.

“Yeah?”

“Nope.” He moved onward deeper inside handing one Park Ranger his pass. “Hello, sir.” He flashed his shy smile glancing into the elder man’s face.

“Here for the week?” He glanced at the bike. “Are you staying in one of the cabins?”

‘River, River, River.’

“By the river.” Ethan waited as the Ranger nodded his head and waved him onward. He felt Nat shiver and reached out to hold her tightly.

“I’m okay.”

“Just a few more moments.” Ethan pulled up feeling his skin crawl. “Stay by the bike.” Something was going on here as he noticed the opened door. He walked inside to find one man on the floor.

“Ethan!” Sam leaned up and managed to turn on his back.

“Parker?”

“Gone.. Escaped… Find.. Her.” Sam pressed a cell phone into Ethan’s hand letting out a gasping breath.

“Hang on. We will get you fixed up soon.” Ethan touched the man’s forehead.

“No, I’m done. Find Miss Parker.” He pulled Ethan tighter. “She needs you.”