Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:

(Thanks to feedback I added this chapter! I know it's rather small  *Lashes the part of her that jumps around to much)


 

The wisp of lights rocket outside as Lyle let out a groan. “Great” He glanced outside seeing fireworks light up the night sky. “This isn’t Parker’s style!”

“It’s not.” Raines shook his head. “Search the area, and try to stay together.” He glanced towards a sweeper who nodded quietly.

Ethan felt his whole body twitch and quiver as he moved from brush to behind a car. He only had a few moments to get to the drainage pipes. “Dad?” He turned his head seeing the Major take off into the night.

‘Fate, Fear, Frenzy!” His inner voice called out as another series of fire works when off into the distance.

Ethan dived under a car as another sweeper team ran up towards the hill. It wouldn’t be long now before they realized no one was there.

The Major reached the pipes and nodded towards Ethan who rushed towards a vent. They both went to work tossing something inside. “Are these going to work?”

“I really don’t know.” Ethan blushed waving him onward. “Ten seconds.” Ethan gazed up and noticed the sweepers all fall to the ground that were near the firework launcher.

The Major felt his old training enter his body as a man ran out and he was able to grab him. Ethan reached out hitting the man to the ground. “I thought you hate violence?’ he glanced at his son with a questioning face.

“Yes.” Ethan blushed moving into the building. “We have only an hour to get out of here before everyone starts to wake up.”

“I don’t like the idea of leaving you behind.”

Ethan glanced up seeing Jarod hanging by his legs. ‘I don’t think you have any choice.”

“You old fool.” Lyle let out a grumble eyeing Raines. “What are you doing?” He noticed the doctor standing over a computer working to delete several files.

“Handling a problem.” Raines smiled and titled his head towards Jarod’s holding area. “Now go handle ours.”