Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

‘Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!’ Jarod’s scream echoed in his mind yet again.

A soft hand touched his shoulder as he pressed his face against the cold window of the car. “Ethan? You look pale!” Natasha’s eyes glanced over his body and she reached for his hand.

“I prefer a bike.” He felt out of control as Jarod’s scream started to echo yet again.

‘Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo’ Jarod felt his body hit with a whip as Lyle shook his head.

“Is it the voices again?” She moved in to nuzzle his neck.

“I keep on hearing his voice.” Ethan lowered his voice to a whisper. “I think my brother is in serious trouble.” He glanced towards Miss Parker who was doing her best to watch the road.

“Is he going to die?” Natasha lowered her eyes and Ethan shook his head.

“The voices haven’t said yet.”

“You mean they can tell the future? Are the voices the reason these people want you so badly?” She reached out brushing a strand of hair out of his eyes.

“That and I have the ‘pretender’ gene.” Ethan made a face watching as Natasha sat before him with a rather clueless expression. “It’s hard to explain… The gene and the voices make me something different.”

“I think your different in a good way.”

Miss Parker could no longer help herself making gagging noises in the front seat. “Would you two cut it out! I already have an upset stomach, and it was bad enough listening to you two get it on last night.”

Ethan blushed and kissed Natasha’s hand and moved towards Parker. “You both need to rest.”

“I’ll rest when we get to Syd.” Parker snickered as Ethan reached out removing her sunglasses. He frowned noticing the tears streaming down her face. “Not a word!” She hissed taking back her sunglasses.

Ethan felt his mind starting to race. Miss Parker could indeed reach Sydney on her own with Natasha, but his mind started to fill with images of his sister harming the young woman. “Parker.”

“I know what your thinking, and no.. I wouldn’t harm the trollop.”

“Trollop?” Natasha sat up. “I have you know…”

“Ugh! That Southern accent is giving me a headache already!” Parker shook her head. “I still have my gun!”

“Parker.” Ethan narrowed his eyes and touched her shoulder. “She’s carrying my child.”

“You had to remind me. What do you see in her anyway? Doesn’t she have any family back…” Parker stopped herself glancing up in the rear view mirror. “Hey you… where do you call home?”

“Natasha or Nat please!”

“Don’t you have any family back … home?”

“She doesn’t.” Ethan let out a sigh leaning back next to Natasha. “She has me, and now she has you.”

“Great.” The two women let out a snarl and Ethan sighed.

Ethan reached out for his laptop his mind starting to twist and turn thinking about the Centre. “I don’t think they would keep Jarod in the Centre.”

“The Centre?” Natasha glanced over watching Ethan work. “What is that?”

“It’s were I grew up.”

“It’s possible they have some kind of holding area. The Centre does own quite a few buildings all across the country.” Parker turned the car down another road as Ethan typed in a few numbers on his computer.

“What are you doing?” Natasha watched as Ethan used some sort of GPS system.

“They just need my brother alive to find all of us. If they aren’t going to bring him back to the Centre then …”

“They are holding him somewhere else.” Parker finished his train of thought. “I’m going with you.”

“Ermmm… No… I still have no idea where.” Ethan sighed as Parker pulled the car over. He watched as his internet connection came back. “Let’s see what the Centre owns from your house… to here.” Ethan pointed towards the map and started to work his way into the Centre’s computer system.

“Do you have what you need?” Parker was more than just annoyed… She was pissed at Ethan for telling her no.

“Just a moment.”

“Well let me just go outside the car and raise the white flag for the Centre now.” Parker shook her head and Natasha glared at her.

“Take a chill pill, Missy!” Natasha let out a snicker.

Parker opened her mouth but thought better of it. “Well?”

“Okay get going.” Ethan closed his laptop and glanced at his watch. “You two are going to drop me off in a few hours.”

“Why?” Natasha glanced as Ethan flashed a coy smile.

“It’s time I use my ‘pretender’ gene and save my brother.”