Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Okay.... This is a fic that has been asleep for a long time.... Writing has matured I believe... (Hey! I was only 13! *g*) I need your guys help... I have an idea of where I want this to go... But not too clear on details... I need you guys to help me out and write back telling me where'd you like this to go… Anything you feel you want for this fic... And please, as always, feedback...
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Disclaimer: Don't own 'em. Don't sue. You'll only get a handful of lint, maybe some string (if you're lucky) and spit. That's all I've got.Summary: Uh oh... Miss P's in trouble... Someone's come up and burst her bubble... (If ya'll don't know... That's a Shampoo song... Might Morphing Power Rangers... *sheepish grin*)Keyword and Category: YGIAGAM. (Your guess is as a good as mine.) It's also kinda romantic... Sorry... Couldn't help it...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
 

The Rescue
1/?
by  -M.




5:32 A.M.

Miss Parker was sleeping. Her long hair was strewn across the pillows; her forehead was laced with sweat. She was running a slight fever so she was warm under her covers. Her alarm went off. She moaned and turned to see it read

6:00.

"Oh, God," she moaned. She got up and felt her knees go weak. She sat down hard on the bad and stood up again, getting a firmer stance.

"No, this is not going to work." She said. After all that had happened in the last months, Miss Parker needed some time off. She wanted a vacation from the Centre, but was afraid to ask for it.

"What the hell, Parker. Go for it." She told herself as she dressed. She pulled a blouse on and grabbed her gun, fixing it and it's holster tightly on her belt. She walked to her Porsche and put the key in ignition. With a tired nod of her head, the car started and she drove out, following the road she knew so well.

Miss Parker pulled up to the building. She sighed, sadly. The emptiness that radiated from the building affected her already. She could feel the void that cut through her soul already affecting her. She walked out of her car into the Centre and was greeted stonily by a guard.

"Hello, Miss Parker," the guard said. He nodded at her and opened the door.

She walked in not saying a word and felt the coldness of the room rush upon her making her whole body shiver. It was cold, but what made her shiver more was that the halls seemed so empty and desolate. The walls teemed of voices of people crying, screaming, their silent voices falling on deaf ears. Ears that had been clouded with lies to cover up the truth.

She walked down the hall; the sound of her heels ringing in the corridor giving all a warning the Parker bitch was back. She walked her mind on autopilot, walking the halls she knew so well. Her mind was weary as well as her body. And perhaps it was that that made her walk into the elevator. The same elevator her mother had been killed in.

She looked around and felt the tightening around her heart. As if an ice cold hand was slowly squeezing her heart, causing the air to escape her lungs and the thoughts to burst out of her mind. She waited for the images, as she knew they would. It was only a matter of waiting. There. They came. A flash of light! A sound of a gun ringing in her ear.

"No! Mama, no! Mama!" a young Miss Parker yelled as the sweeper pulled her away. Cold and inanimate, her mother lay on the ground, still grasping the gift she would never get to give her beloved daughter.

The elevator bell rung. Miss Parker snapped away from the nightmare that had seeped into her life in every way.She walked to her father's office only to find Brigitte there.Oh, goody, Miss Parker thought.

"Daddy." Miss Parker stated and walked towards him.

"Angel." Her father said and kissed her cheek.

"Miss Parker." Brigitte said.

"Bridget." Miss Parker replied raising her eyebrow slightly.

"What reason do you have for brightening my day today?" Mr. Parker said.

"Daddy, I came to ask you a favor." Miss Parker said.

"Mhmpf." Mr. Parker said in reply. He nodded.

"I wanted to know if I could get couple days off from work. I know I need to have an excuse, and I do--" she started but her father cut her off.

"You can have the days off, Angel." Mr. Parker said as he smiled at Miss Parker," With a good rest you'll have a better chance at catching Jarod. I understand that fully."

Miss Parker smiled and she kissed her father's forehead.

"Thank you, Daddy." She said as she walked out of the room.

"Brigitte and I are coming over later, Angel. We'll see you later."  Mr. Parker winked and smiled at Brigitte, who smiled at Miss Parker and winked and laughed.

"Okay, Daddy." She said through gritted teeth. She tried as hard as she could not to slam the door.

She walked out of the Centre not bothering to inform Sydney, but to let him find out on his own. She walked to her car and leaned her head on the steering wheel. She was tired. She needed rest and she thanked her father with all her heart for letting her have a couple days off. Miss Parker drove off fatigued but didn't feel or see the other set of eyes following her the whole way home.

At her house Miss Parker slipped into her pajamas and lay in bad. Her head lolled to one side and she closed her eyes, welcoming sleep with open arms.

1:32 AM, the Next Day. Miss Parker's House.

Miss Parker's eyes snapped open. Someone was in her room. Her mind raced wildly, her heart slammed against her ribs, adrenaline pumped into her veins and caused her not be able to think clearly. She looked around the room and reached for her gun, which was right nets to her bed, on her nightstand. A light clicked on.

A man in black pointed his gun at her.

"Miss Parker. So glad we could finally meet." He said and smiled a grin that made Miss Parker  shiver," Little Catherine Parker."

"Who the hell are you?" Miss Parker demanded.

"Oh. You don't know?" he smiled again.

Miss Parker glanced over at the gun on her nightstand.

He raised an eyebrow and he shook his head. He grabbed the gun.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk." The dark man said," Not a good idea, Little Catherine. You wouldn't want to end up as dead as mommy now would you?"

"Who the hell are you?!" Miss Parker snapped again, the mention of her mother's name.

He pulled out a black hood and looked at her.

Miss Parker's eyes widened. She looked at the man in her room.

"Now, shall we do this the easy way or the hard way?"
 

10:00 AM. The Next Day...
 

"Thank you, Jarod. From the bottom of my heart." Maria said," With Timmy's murderer behind bars, you've saved many others from meeting the same fate."

"It's nothing, Maria. Anyone else would have done the same." Jarod said and smiled," Have a good day."

Maria, whose son was killed by a serial killer, hugged Jarod again and walked off her other son in her arms.

Jarod sighed happily and walked into his office. He took off his coat and logged on to the Internet.

"You have mail." The automated voice said.

Jarod clicked the icon found he had three different e-mails.

Did he want to apply for a Visa card? No.

Did he want a free subscription to People™? No.

Hmm. One e-mail from "InTheShadows."

It had a picture. Jarod double clicked the mail icon and waited for the picture to load.

Jarod sipped a bit of his coffee and saw the picture upload.

He almost gagged.

Jarod scooted up as close to the computer as he could as he saw the rest of the picture upload. It was picture of Miss Parker tied to a chair bruises and dried blood evidently in place.

"Oh, no. Oh, crap." Jarod cursed under his breath, he frantically pulled out his cell phone and dialed Sydney. He waited.

"Sydney." Sydney announced as he answered the phone.

"Sydney, where is Miss Parker?" Jarod barked, a little bit harsher than he wanted.

"Jarod? What's wrong?" Sydney asked alarmed.

"Where is Miss Parker?" Jarod asked again.

"She took a couple days off." Sydney informed Jarod, "Why?"

Jarod forwarded the e-mail he had gotten to Sydney.

Check your mail, Sydney." Jarod hung up.

He didn't need to count the minutes before his phone began ringing, almost frantically.

"Jarod, where did you find this picture?!" Sydney demanded.

"I received it today in my mail. When did Miss Parker take those days off?" Jarod asked.

"Yesterday, Lyle informed me that she had taken the days off." Sydney said.

"Yesterday." Jarod repeated.

"You have mail."

Jarod jumped and tried to calm his heart. He double clicked the icon and read the message.

"Jarod
That is it right? Jarod? Doesn't Miss Parker look absolutely stunning in this picture? In my opinion she looks extravagant. Should I bruise her up a little more? It'll go nicely with a black eye. Hmm. You tell me what I should change in this picture.

InTheShadows"

"Jarod, are you sure this isn't a hoax?" Sydney asked.

Jarod let out a low growl as he forwarded the e-mail to Sydney.

"I don't really think it is." Jarod said." I'll find out some more. Keep you informed. And Sydney?"

"Yes?"

"Don't tell anyone," Jarod said and hung up the phone.

Jarod grabbed his coffee gulped half of it down. He went to work on finding the origin of the e-mail. He hacked into the Internet server and checked out any information on the user but anything that came up had been erased or tampered with. Nothing. Jarod pushed back the computer furious. No sooner had he done that than did his cell phone ring.He picked it up.

"Got my e-mail?" a mechanical voice, said before Jarod could say 'Hello.'

"Who are you?" Jarod demanded of the voice, knowing he would not get an answer.

"If I told you that wouldn't be any fun, now would it?" the voice said, but before Jarod could ask about Miss Parker he said," You want to talk with Miss Parker?"

"Yes," Jarod replied.

"I'm sure she'd love to talk to you."

Suddenly Miss Parker's voice made it's way onto the phone. A far away voice that strengthened slightly as time passed.

"You son of a bitch! Bastard! What…?"

Jarod strained to hear her.

"Jarod? Jarod?!" Miss Parker asked breathlessly.

"Yes, Miss Parker. I'm here."

"New Mexico! I'm in--" she got cut off.

"Stupid, stupid woman." The voice said. A sound of something being thrown and clattering on the floor and then Jarod could hear Miss Parker yelp.

"What did you do?!" Jarod bellowed into the phone.

"Oh. Nothing much. I just wanted to see what color Miss Parker's blood was."

The dead automated voice said.

Jarod glared.

"If you hurt her anymore I swear I'll-"

"You'll what?" The voice laughed," You'll what?"

"I will do something." Jarod said with a menacing tone in his voice.

"Ooh. Scary." The voice said," Go to this address, Jarod." He hung up the phone.

The mail icon on Jarod's computer went on.

"You have mail."

Jarod clicked the message icon and read the address. He wasn't sure how fast he could get there but he decided to try it out.

Back at the Centre. About 10:43.

Don't tell anyone. Jarod's message rang in Sydney's ears.

He walked swiftly into the Centre's tech room. Sydney trotted to where Broots was a whispered in his ear what was going on.

Broot's eyes tightened and sweat began to appear on his forehead.

"What?!" Broots asked quietly.

Lyle walked into the room and Sydney silenced Broots.

"Doctor, Mr. Broots, have you seen my sister?" Lyle asked adjusting the maroon glove that covered his missing thumb.

"You informed us yesterday Miss Parker had taken the day off, Lyle." Sydney said quite casually.

Broots looked up at him nervously. Sydney gave him a reassuring look. Lyle glanced at the two.

"I'll go check with my father." Lyle said nonchalantly and walked casually out of the room.

"What do you mean--" Broots started yelling. When Sydney glared at him.

"Keep quiet, Broots, keep quiet for your sake..." He said and added, "And for Miss Parker's sake as well..."
 
 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~