Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

TO MY SON, WHEN WE MEET AGAIN

An eternity has passed since I held you, Every day longer than the one before, With every breath the fragment of my hope Would vanish from my wounded soul. I stopped counting the days and years Since they destroyed all I believed in. I let the hate consume my heart, Perhaps that was my biggest sin. I didn't know where you were, Or what you ate, or where you slept, And I'm praying every day You never feel anything like that.

I often dreamed of Kyle and you I saw smiles on the faces I didn't recognized. Faces I thought you'd have once I see you again, It was a ray of light through the pain and lies. I saw two hansom men and a beautiful woman That used to be the babies I cradled in my arms And they were happy, laughing, talking, Lighting the night like the golden stars. In that dream I would stand on the porch Of a small cabin we would call home. And a man would be there. Gray-haired man, The same one who stole my heart so long ago. And every time I would loose myself In that beautiful family picture I see But at the moment I feel happiness again They would appear and take you away from me.

So I don't sleep any more I don't want them in my dreams, But still every time I close my eyes All I hear are cries and screams. I don't know if I'll ever see you again Or if you'll ever forgive me for loosing you, All I know is that whatever happens I'll never give up searching or stop loving you.