Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used
without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.
 

 Life's Worst Moments
~lil*pretender~




Jacksonville, Wyoming

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"As a young man was brought to justice today for killing one of his professors over a bad grade..." you heard a news reporter in the background say as Jarod looks at the TV with a smirk on his face.

"Well I guess he got a taste of his own medicine," Jarod said to himself. As he picks up the paper from outside his hotel room door he reads an article about a man killed in Blue Cove. immediately he starts reading the article. A man was killed yesterday in an automobile accident and was pushed off the road and into a tree. The man illegality died at impact and there has been no sigh of any family. Jarod’s heart stopped as he continued on. The man was 65 years in age and went by the name Major Charles. Jarod instantly fell to the ground and started to cry. With tears running down his face he was is shock and didn't know what to do. He knew that the Center had to have part of this, and he was going to make them pay.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Center, Blue Cove Delaware,

Sydney is sitting at his desk reading the mornings paper when Miss. Parker came blustering in.

"I am so sick of chasing your little lab rat Sydney, next time I am going to just shoot him!" Sydney not paying one bit of attention to Miss. Parker’s ranting is shocked by the article in the paper.

"Are you even listening to me?" Sydney still not paying full attention reads the article some more.

"Syd are you OK, you don’t look so well."

"Huhh... yea I am fine Miss. Parker, haven’t been getting much sleep." Then Sydney gathered his thing and left.

"Broots I need you to do something for me."

"Sure Syd what’s up?"

"I need you to find where Jarod last was, what state he was in."

"Well sure Syd but I already know he was somewhere in Wyoming, I just haven’t been able to track him yet.

"Thank you Broots that’s all the help I need." And Sydney took off with no explanation.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Delaware Air Port

Getting off the plane Jarod is still in shock, the article from the news paper keeps playing over and over in his mind. He walks over to a chair that was in the air port and sits down, puts his hands over his face and took a deep breath, still having tears run down his cheek. Just then a someone put there hand on Jarod’s shoulder. He jumps up in a panic.

"Sydney ! what are you doing here?" How did you know that I was here?" Looking around for sweepers Jarod starts to walk away.

"Jarod wait." Sydney yells. Jarod stops and turns around. " Jarod I read the article in the paper. I know what happened to your father and I am very sorry." Just as Jarod was about to release the nervousness in him thinking that sweepers were with Sydney he saw Miss. Parker standing right down the isle from him and Sydney. As she turns she see them standing there and starts running towards them. Sydney saw her and realized what was happening but before he could do anything Jarod was already running down the isle too. As Parker ran by her Sydney screams, " Miss. Parker wait !" and grabs her arm to stop her.

"Are you out of your mind Syd, boy genius is right there and I am not letting him get away again."

"Parker you don’t know what your doing."

"I don’t know what I am doing? Syd you were just talking to the man we are suppose to be finding. If I tell my father about this he is going to think that you are the leak."

"Parker I had to see him, he needs my help."

"Why would a genius need your help Syd?" she asked with a smirk on her face.

"He may be a genius Parker but he still has feelings." handing her the article about Jarod’s father he says, " Jarod’s father was killed last night." then walks away trying to find Jarod again.

Parker stood there reading the article and was starting to feel sorry for Jarod, for chasing him away from the one friend that he has when all he wanted was a little comfort. Parker then jogged to catch up with Sydney.

"Where do you think he went?"

"I don’t know Parker, I wish I did."

As they were about to leave the air port Sydney looks down the sidewalk to see Jarod standing there looking like he was trying to wave a cab down but was stuck. Sydney walked up to him and tapped him on the shoulder.

"Jarod are you all right."

Jarod then turned to Sydney and collapsed right into his arms crying. Sydney felt how cold he was he new something was wrong.

"Parker I think he is in shock, we have to bring him some where." Parker looked at Jarod as he fell apart by the minuet. Tears started to form in her eyes and then told Sydney to put him in the car.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Miss. Parker’s House

Jarod was lying on the coach sleeping when Broots knocked on the door.

"Did anyone fallow you?" Miss. Parker asked as she pulled him in the door.

"N.. No I don’t think so, why?" Then Broots turned around to see Jarod sleeping on the coach.

"Oh my gosh... Miss. Parker you got him???"

"Not exactly."

"What do you mean?"

"Jarod’s father was killed last night Broots, Sydney went to go find him at the air port and he was a wreak.

"His.. his father was killed... By who."

"By no one he was in a car accident and was pushed head on into a tree."

Just then Jarod started tossing in his sleep. He became breathless as his night mare went on. tossing and turning he finally woke up screaming, "NO!!!!!" Not realizing where he was Jarod became scared. he jumped off the coach and started to panic.

"Jarod calm down... its me Sydney."

"Sydney." Jarod said sounding a little calmer than he was. "Where am I?"

"Your at Parker’s house."

Jarod looked up from the floor just in time to see Parker and Broots walk towards the coach.

Staring at Broots and Parker he just put his head back down into his hands and tried to calm himself down.

"hhh...how are you feeling Jarod?" Broots asked in a sympathetic voice.

"Fine, thanks for asking Mr. Broots." As he gives him a fake smile.

"Sydney did you happen to grab my bag?"

"Yes why Jarod."

As Sydney walks over to get his bag for him Jarod looks over at Miss. Parker and mouths, " thank you." to her, as she turns away so Jarod doesn’t see how much this whole thing is effecting her too. Sydney hands Jarod his bag and he takes out his lap top.

"What are you doing?" Sydney asked not knowing what his pretender was up to. as he looks at his watch he says," what I should have done 24 hours ago... to find the man that killed my father." Sydney, Parker and Broots all look at Jarod and saw not just the hurt in his eyes but the determination, not caring about what the cost was he was going to find out the truth.

A few hours pasted and Jarod hadn’t found anything on his computer.

"Sydney what time did the papers say that the accident accord?"

"Around 9 o'clock to 9 ten. Why?"

"Cause... Can you take me to the scene?"

Sydney looking in shock at Jarod’s question thinking of why he might want to go, but in a way kind of knew why.

" sure." Sydney said.

"Well then I am coming," Miss. Parker demanded, "you coming to Broots?" she asked.

"Might as well." he answered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~At the

Accident site

Jarod bent down by he skidded tire markings on the ground. Staring at the tree that must have been the one that his father hit.

"Syd I don’t think that this was such a good idea." Broots says in a worried voice.

"Broots he couldn’t find anything on the computer about what had happened."

"Yea so what."

"So he is going to re live the event so he know exactly what happened that night."

"Syd you cant let him do this." Parker jumped in. " He is going to know exactly how his father felt and what he was think of before he died, that is just going to upset him more than he already is."

"Parker he has already made up his mind, he knows the consequences, trust me he knows what he is doing."

Jarod is still standing by the tree, then he walks over to where the track marks start to skid. As Jarod starts to become breathless Sydney walks over to him.

"Jarod what do you see?"

"I see my father. He’s scared, he sees a car that’s been following him. He tries to let it pass but its coming up fast behind him." As he is beginning to get more and more breathless and scared Sydney asked," Do you see who is in the car behind him?"

"No... but he senses that he know his. He is still trying to get away from him. Then the car hits him, He's loosing control ! " he screams as he gets deeper into the pretend. " He can steer the wheel it locked up. He is heading towards a tree ! He slammed on the breaks, He Cant Stop! He’s scared, all he can think about is his family how he wishes he just could have had a normal life. He skids into the tree!! With the last ounce of life left in him he looks at the car as it passes, he recognizes someone."

"Who Jarod, who is it?"

"Its... its MR. RAINES!!!!!!"

Jarod then awakes from his pretend and looks at Sydney. With helpless eyes he says," He killed him Sydney, He killed my father." Then he falls to the ground sitting up and starts crying. Trying to deal with the experience that he just experienced he looks up to Sydney for help.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Miss. Parker’s House

Jarod sits on the couch still upset over what had just happened. He discovered that Raines not only killed his father, he did it without a purpose. Just thinking about what Raines had put his family through his whole life and now killing his father, Jarod became furious. He got up from the couch and went to his bag, then he grabbed a gun out of it and headed to the door, but not before he was stopped by Sydney and Parker.

"Where are you going with that Jarod?" Miss. Parker asked.

"I think you know where."

"Jarod I know what your feeling is hard to deal with right now but think about what you are about to do." Sydney told him.

"I am going to put a sick animal down Sydney." he said trying to push through them both but doesn’t succeed.

"Jarod I understand what you are feeling right now." Miss. Parker told him,

"but if there is one thing I learned from you is that one person can not be judge, jury and executioner. All those people that you have put away for hurting others is a perfect example of what you will become if you go through with this. Now give me the gun."

Jarod stared at Miss. Parker and even though he knew she made perfect sense to him he couldn’t understand why she was stopping him from killing Raines, however he listened and handed her the gun.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Center, Blue Cove Delaware

"Has anyone seen the three stooges !" Lyle screamed walking out of Parker’s office. heading towards Sydney’s office he stops at his desk when he gets there. He looks down on the desk and sees that there was an article cut out of the paper. Just as he was about to leave he sees Angelo.

"What are you doing out?"

"Sydney go find Jarod." he says

Lyle just looks at him and walks out of the office. When he reaches Mr. Parker’s office he asked if he had a copy of the news paper. As he looks to the exact spot that was cut out of Sydney’s he says,

"Well I think today is our lucky day," as he hands the paper to Mr. Parker. When he reads it he tells Lyle to get a team together they are going to a funeral.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Miss.

Parker’s House

"Jarod’s still in shock from what has happened to him in the past few days. " Sydney says to Parker.

"Really frankinstein I couldn’t tell by the way he just sits there staring
into space." Sydney shoots her a quick looks that said don’t be so sarcastic
then walked over to Jarod.

"Jarod me and Parker have to go take care of some stuff, Broots is going to stay with you until we come back OK. "

"OK Syd see ya later." He said as if he didn’t have a care in the world. Sydney told Broots to keep a close eye on him until they get back.

"all right Syd." and then they leave.

A few hours pasted since Sydney and Miss. Parker had left and Jarod still hadn’t moved. He looked like he was thinking so deeply that nothing around him bothered him. A whole team of Sweepers could knock through the door right now and he wouldn’t even care.

"Jarod do you want anything to eat I am going to go make a snack."

"No thanks Broots."

Broots got up from his chair and walked into the kitchen he threw a bag of popcorn and walked back out to the living room but to his surprise Jarod wasn’t there! he looked all around the house for him until he noticed his keys were gone and so was his car. Quickly he dialed Parker’s cell.

" what?"

"Miss. Parker Jarod took off ! "

"WHAT! what do you mean you were suppose to be watching him."

"I was I walked into the kitchen for two seconds and when I came out he was gone." Parker then hangs up the phone and pulls a U-turn in the middle of the road.

"what’s wrong Parker?"

"Jarod’s gone."

Sydney looks worried and tries to think of where Jarod could have gone the only place he could think of was...

"Parker go to the funeral home!"

"why??"

"Because I think I know where Jarod is... today is his fathers funeral."

"Sydney... everyone from the Center is going to be there."

"I know that’s what we have to hurry."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Delaware Funeral home

Jarod made it to the funeral home, he looked around to see if anything was out of the ordinary. Coming out of shock a little bit he got out of his car. Just as he was about to start walking towards the door he heard tires screeching. Out jump Sydney and Miss. Parker.

"Jarod are you crazy! there are probably sweepers all around here." Sydney screamed

"Syd there are no cars, no one is here."

"Jarod..."

"No Sydney I have to say goodbye." Jarod started to walk into the funeral home. When he opened the door everything was silent. he walked up the isle and saw his father laying in the coffin. Jarod reached into the coffin and grabbed his fathers hand. he held it close to his heart and said," Dad I promise you that I will fulfill the promise that I made to you 2 years ago. I will not let you down and the man who did this to you will pay... I promise you that." As tears rolled down Jarod’s cheek Sydney walked over to try and comfort Jarod.

"Jarod... I know that I didn’t really know your father and he probably didn’t like me to much because I was apart of what happened to you... but I do know that he loved you, and that he would have done anything to protect you. And even though I will never come close to the relationship that you had with him I want you to know that I will always be here for you, no matter what, and that is a promise that I will keep."

" Thanks Syd, that means a lot to me." Jarod said as he gave him a friendly smile.

Just then a burst came through the door. Sweepers came rushing in along side Mr. Parker, Lyle and Mr. Raines.

"Angel... I knew you could catch him."

"Daddy....... what are you doing here."

"Congratulating my little girl for a job well done.

Jarod stood there staring with flaming eyes at Mr. Raines, looking like he was ready to kill him, but he held himself back.

"Sam cuff him," Lyle said.

As Sam approached Jarod kept backing away. Then two other sweepers came up and tackled him t the ground. Sam then went behind him and pulled back and twisted one of his arms and cuffed it. As Jarod moaned in pain he did it to the other one. Then they stood him up to face Mr. Lyle who was walking up to him.

"What do you want?" Jarod spit out.

Lyle looked at him then punched him in the stomach which made Jarod fall to back to the ground.

"That’s for blowing up my car you lab rat."

The two sweepers picked him back up to his feet while he tried to get is breath back.

"Daddy you cant do this, his father just died he needs some time before he is brought back." Miss. Parker pleaded.

" Angel...he will have plenty of time when he gets back to morn over his fathers accident.

"It wasn’t an accident he was murdered!!" Jarod screamed " and it was you who murdered him," as he forced himself over to Mr. Raines.

"your father was a problem to the Center and I took care of the problem. " Raines mumbled out.

"I should kill you right now."

Raines laughed," Go ahead try."

Jarod then stared at Raines and then out of no where he knocked both the sweepers that were holding him down. Then he took one of there guns and pointed it at Sam.

"Sam if I were you I would drop it right now."

Sam dropped his gun and Jarod picked it up. Then pointed one gun on Raines and one on Lyle. The other gun Jarod kicked over to Sydney and he had it on Mr. Parker.

"Now I am going to ask this question once and I want an answer... Where is my family?"

Jarod was so serious Sydney couldn’t even recognize him. His eyes were like stone and his voice harsh.

"There in Alaska, both your sister and your mom." Mr. Parker said.

"There is something else, what aren’t you telling me?"

Mr. Parker looked at him, not wanting to answer the question but knew that if he didn’t he would probably end up dead. He looked over to Miss. Parker.

"Your mother is also there."

Miss. Parker’s jaw dropped open. Now she was the one in shock.

"Why did you never tell me! "

"Because it was need to know, you didn’t."

Parker looked at him with cold eyes almost saying to tell Sydney to shoot him.

"Jarod you are never going to get away with this, there is no way that you can prove that we killed your father, and you are just going to be back on the run again." Raines wheezed out.

"Not this time Raines...."

Just then two cops from his fathers investigation came through the door. Raines turned around and then looked at Jarod who was holding a tape recorder of raines confession that they killed His father and that the entire Center corporation, except Parker, Sydney and Broots, where apart of the killing of Major Charles.

"Have fun in Prison Raines." Jarod said as he took one last look at his father and closed the casket and walk outside.

"Jarod!" Sydney yelled," Do you realize what you just did... you brought down the Center. Without Mr. Parker or Mr. Raines there the place will shut down.

"I know Syd." he said with a smile.

Jarod then walked over to the car and went to get in it. Then Broots came flying in with a rent-a-car.

"Hey what happen???" confused as to why Mr. Raines, Mr. Parker and Lyle were being carried out in hand cuffs.

"Your out of a job" Jarod yelled laughing. " Go take care of your little girl, she needs you."

"Jarod!" Sydney called again. " where will you be going..."

"Alaska, I have a family to meet. Coming Miss. Parker?"

She then looked at Sydney and got into the car. Jarod pulled out of the parking space and was about to leave when he pulled backwards next to Sydney,

"Sydney thank you for everything. I will never forget what you told me and whether I am meeting my family for the first time or not, you still are my family." Jarod smiles and Sydney smiles back.

"Keep in touch Jarod."

"I will, Goodbye Sydney."

"Goodbye."
 
 

feedback please