Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
Writtten for Emily's pic challenge
Prelude To Happiness Disclaimer: I don't own any of the charecters or products of The Pretender ect:

I figured I would join another challenge and write a story with a different rating so it can be more widely read. Thanks for the feedbake on the formatting everyone, I hope you enjoy my writings as much as I do yours.

And don't hesitate to question, comment or otherwise just gab about my writing.
 

Prelude To Happiness
by DIZZYDAME1211


Turning away from the window, I looked over at my brother. God a brother, another brother for that matter. I knew I still hadn't fully mourned Klye, but Ethan was his own person. I had accepted Ethan into my life regardless of how I felt about Klye or even the Centre. I knew that they weren't giving up, until they had absolute proof that I was dead, and now Ethan was in the same prediciment.

"Stop worrying about me, I know we'll be okay."

"You know this how?"
"The voices were right when they said I could trust you and I did. So trust that we are okay."

Watching Ethan finish up on some kind of drawing that he was working on, I turned my mind to some one else. Did she make it okay was she even alive, I thought that I would know if she wasn't I would feel if things had changed.

"She's fine as well, you really should stop worrying and get some rest, we've been moving for four days now and you haven't stoped since. You really should rest, you didn't get much sleep or down time after the blast."

"Since when did you become an authority on my health little brother, I'm fine. So what have you been doddling for the last hour?"

"Nothing really, just a feeling I got from you and Ms. Parker before as you say everything went to hell."

"Really something you got from both of us, can I see it?"

"Sure."

Taking the picture, I wasn't sure if I wanted to look at what Parker had on her mind those last minutes on the train, but then again I knew that I flashed on quite a few things before we jumped as well. I had no idea that she and I thought of the same things though. Looking at the picture brought back an instant memory, a memory that I thought I had buried far enough inside myself that I couldn't even find it. Obviously Ethan was very talented and gifted if he found the one thing that reminded me a happier time,I distinctly remeber having thought if only we ran away, dissappered and never looked back, then maybe we would have stayed happy.

"You got the same impression from both of us?"

"Yes, although with her I got the impression of deep sadness with it. I guess the picture came from that. I mean you and Ms. Parker both care deeply for each other but she also wants to take you back to the Centre."

"You know your right I should rest, I think I'll say goodnight."

"I've upset you haven't I, I didn't mean to it's just what..."

"No Ethan, you didn't upset me and I would never be angry at you for your gifts, it's just the picture brought back a time in my life I would perfer to forget."

Getting up from the chair I walked to my newest brother and touched his shoulder. Ethan had no idea how much it hurt to be reminded of that time and all my hopes and dreams that Parker played on to get what she really wanted.

"Do you mean to tell me you two were married at one time, that this picture is real?"

I could feel that pain that my older brother was trying to deny and hide but I could feel it none the less Jarod was hurt and felt betrayed by Ms. Parker, but I could also feel that underneath it all he still loved her with everything in him. Looking back at the picture I couldn't believe I had been so accurate, but Jarod and Ms. Parker married for real. I had no idea what that did to the family dynamic I just knew that both Ms. Parker and my brother had thought of the same thing before we jumped off the train and at the same time. Parker felt great sadness when she thought about that time and so did Jarod along with his anger. I knew I couldn't let this go on, Ms. Parker was my sister and something deep inside of me told me I loved her and could trust her, but I didn't want to hurt Jarod any more he had enough pain wrapped up in a tight ball inside himself. What could I do, how could I fix things?

"Good night Jarod, see you in the morning."

Smiling at Jarod I watched him go into the bedroom, then let the voices through into my conscious mind and let them guide me to some kind of solution. After a bit I opened up the labtop on the desk and silently scanned the picture into an anonomus email file and put a message that told Ms. Parker about the picture. Jarod would probably never forgive me but I needed to see the most important people in my world happy for once.
 
 
 

P.S. Thank you Emily for the wedding picture, it served a wonderful catalyst for this little story, feed back please let me know if you loved, hated or just felt nothing over this one.