Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I do not own The Pretender or anything affiliated with it. It is owned by TNT, NBC, and Craig & Steve. No infringement is intended and no profit is being made.

Spoilers/Timeline:
Early Season Three
Note: Written for the Pretender100 challenge of color(s).

Summary: When he lost his vision after the explosion of SL-27, he mourned.

Shades of Mourning
by: chopsticks
g

-----


When he lost his vision after the explosion of SL-27, he mourned that he would never be allowed to see the faces of his coworkers again. He mourned not being able to see children playing in a park, or the tenderness between a man and a woman as they strolled down the street on a warm summer day.

When he regained his vision after the explosion of SL-27, he rejoiced in being able to see all of these things once again. He was happy to be able to see the fleeting smile on Miss Parker's face, the nervous twitch of Broots's hands when he delivered news he knew was bad, or the soft look of confused happiness that permeated Angelo's features when given a box of Crackerjacks.

He still mourned, though. He mourned the loss of color in his life. He mourned that he could not see the vibrant colors of the flowers in his garden or the brilliant colors in the clues that Jarod had left. He mourned that he could not see the amazing colors the world became when exposed to the sunlight.

He never told anyone, though, because he did not want them to mourn for him. He had mourned enough for them all.

-----

the end.

feedback welcomed at spacedoutwriter (at) hotmail (dot) com.