Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: It all belongs to NBC and the creators and anyone else I forgot to mention. Watch Pretender it's cool! Now read the Author's Note!!!!

Author's Note: This story takes place when Lyle and Miss Parker are in high school. Words in // and :: are thoughts sent telepathically. // are thoughts sent by Lyle and :: are thoughts sent by Miss Parker. And a special thanks goes to Danielle, cause I kind of stole the idea from her. Okay see it's pretty much the same as before. Nothing new, sorry I'm not that creative today. Hope you enjoy the story and send back comments!!! Below is a recap for those of you who don't remember that happened in the last two parts.

A quick look back: Okay for those of you who have read the first two parts, here's a quick recap (a lot happened so I will try to get it down in a couple of sentences). So here it goes… Parker is gone, having received a package from Jarod. Only it turns out it's not from Jarod and is from Lyle. Parker goes to an old warehouse apartment building and is oops caught by Lyle. But wait, it's okay because Parker and Lyle are brother and sister and get along extremely well! Okay and well they have a big pillow fight and everything is hunky-dory (especially Lyle, who's a real hunk in my opinion). But then it is all spoiled when Jarod and Kyle come onto the scene (who are also real hunks! ). Did I mention that Kyle is alive? Anyway, Parker and Lyle pretend that they are really enemies and well Parker gets shot! Oops! Kyle did it! Jarod is not mad, just confused and so is Kyle. So they all end up at the hospital, only Parker is a patient. Jarod gives Lyle a cup of coffee and he explains how Dr. Billy was doing weirdo experiments on him. Kyle is in the room too. So anyway he finds out that Parker is his sister and that she'll be in NYC. Oh and the 'man in the dark suit' is there with Dr. Billy. And that's where we are at now. Phew! Hope that helps! Now on to the story…




Gemini Vengeance
part 3

By Apollo's Girl





***
County General Hospital
New York City
July 23, 1998

***

Lyle took another sip of his coffee, which had gone cool as he told the story.

"So Raines was your 'counselor'." Jarod said.

"Yeah, thought I would do what he wanted. Boy was he wrong." Lyle replied.

"He's a son of a bitch alright." Kyle said as the other men nodded in agreement. "So what happened next?"

"I was able to arrange a trip to New York City. I went with my friend Jimmy Radloff."

"The one you killed." Jarod interjected.

"You mean the one you think I killed." Lyle replied seriously. "Jimmy is now living under another name. You know him, he's Miss Parker's sweeper."

"SAM?" Jarod and Kyle asked incredulously.

"I needed to make sure nothing ever happened to my sister. So Jimmy pretended to want to be a sweeper, applied for the job and got it. Anyway, I'll explain that all later. I went to New York and I found Parker. I have to say I was a bit disappointed that she was my sister, since she's so hot."

"Glad you think so."

The three men turned towards the speaker. Miss Parker was lying awake looking at them with a grin spread across her face.

"I was wondering how long it would take you guys to realize I was awake." She said. "For three guys who are suppose to be geniuses, you sure are pretty oblivious."

"I'm glad you're okay." Lyle said, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

"How long have you been awake?"

"Long enough to hear most of the story."

"Gee, we are pretty oblivious." Lyle replied candidly.

"Sorry I shot you Parker." Kyle said with an apologetic look on his face.

"You didn't mean to." Miss Parker forgave as she tried to sit up in a more comfortable position.

"Now that you're awake here's some flowers." Jarod said, handing her a bouquet of red roses that had been sitting on the window ledge.

"Thanks, they're beautiful." The two looked at each other coyly. The two younger brothers smirked at each other, knowing what their older siblings would never admit. "Hmm…" Miss Parker mumbled to hide her uneasiness.

"Here we'll put these in here." Lyle said taking the flowers from her and placing them in a vase by her bed.

"You didn't get me any flowers?" She asked in a teasing voice.

"Didn't have time, too busy making sure nothing happened to you." Lyle replied seriously.

::You slept in here with me all last night?::

//Yeah, that a problem?//

::No. Just glad that someone cares for me so much!::

//Yeah, well if I didn't, Jarod would have stayed with you all night. You aren't mad that I stayed now, are you? I mean I could of let you stay with Jarod all night long, alone, in a hospital gown with no back, that could easily slip off for you two to get to know each other better…//

::Bobby you Pervert!!: Miss Parker sent thoroughly annoyed. Although in the back of her head she was playing out what 'could' have happened.

//You call me a pervert, but who's still thinking about it?//

Jarod and Kyle, who had been sitting in the room silently watching the two, noticed the very red blush that was appearing on Miss Parker's face.

"Is, uhh, everything alright?" Jarod, who had figured out by now that the two were telepathically communicating with each other, ventured to ask.

"Everything is fine!!" Miss Parker spat out. Lyle started to laugh.

"She was just thinking some very naughty thoughts!" Lyle explained playfully.

"Just shut-up! And I was not, it was you!" Miss Parker retorted, crossing her arms. Jarod and Kyle exchanged perplexed looks and decided to let it go.

"Yeah, she was thinking about someone in here." Lyle said looking pointedly towards Jarod and Kyle. Miss Parker's face turned an even brighter red. ::You Jerk!!::

Kyle immediately understood whom Lyle was referring to and began to chuckle. Jarod finally understood and flashed a flirtatious grin at Miss Parker. Who was now even angrier, but at the same time wanted to show that she wasn't bothered by it. She flashed her half-invitation half-intimidation smile at Jarod.

"Well I'm sure he's thinking the same exact naughty thoughts as you are!" Kyle interjected, causing Jarod to blush. "He sure didn't mind helping the paramedics take your shirt off last night!"

Miss Parker opened her eyes in surprise. Jarod flashed Kyle a "I'm going to kill you!" look and Lyle was now laughing hysterically along with Kyle.

"No he sure didn't seem to mind!" Lyle supported. The two grinned at each other, clearly enjoying tormenting their older siblings. "And I'm sure my sister wouldn't have minded if she was conscious."

Miss Parker and Jarod looked at each other in exasperation. "Little brothers, how annoying!" They both muttered at the same time underneath their breaths, but loud enough for the other two to hear, which just caused Lyle and Kyle to burst out laughing again. The older siblings just rolled their eyes at each other, but couldn't keep their smiles hidden.

"Uh, well… Shouldn't you be getting back to the story?" Jarod asked, trying to regain his composure and trying to get them back on track.

"Huh, oh, yeah we probably should." Lyle replied as he tried to compose himself. Kyle sat back down in his chair and noticed that Jarod had moved his chair slightly away from him and closer to Miss Parker. Kyle gave him an innocent questioning glance, to which Jarod responded with a slightly annoyed one. Kyle just smirked. Lyle and Miss Parker were having their own similar silent sibling exchange. Miss Parker, who was still annoyed at Lyle, moved slightly more to other side where Jarod was. Lyle noticed, but decided not to say anything about it. He just gave her a very innocent 'I'm sorry' look. She rolled her eyes and tried to make herself more comfortable.

"So, where did I leave off?" Lyle asked as he settled into his seat.

"You found the files on Parker, saying that she was your sister, and that she was going to be in New York. You and Jimm- uh, Sam, arranged to go to NYC and that's where you left off." Kyle replied.

"Well, okay, Vane- Parker do you want to tell your side, or should I continue?" He asked.

"I thought you hated to be called by your first name, Parker?" Jarod cut-in.

"I don't, but it's just better if everyone calls me Parker." She replied then changed the subject.

"And I guess I can tell my side of it. You are not that great of a story teller."

"And you are?"

Ignoring her brother, Miss Parker started on her side of the story. "I was in NYC with my friend Danielle for a school break and…"

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Penthouse at Ritz Hotel
New York, New York
December 14, 1978



Miss Parker sat down on the couch in the penthouse living room. "Finally a vacation!"

"Tell me about it!" Danielle replied as Miss Parker directed the bellboy to put the bags in the appropriate rooms of their two-room penthouse. "School has been a killer lately!" She said as she looked around the room with wide gleaming eyes filled with pleasure. "I can't believe we are staying in a penthouse, the Ritz no less!"

"Believe it!" Parker replied smiling at her friend's enthusiasm.

"Daddy thought it was best if I came here for vacation this year."

"Thank you so much for taking me!!"

"No problem! New York City isn't any fun without friends." Parker replied. "So what first?"

"I think I just want to explore the hotel and take a nap." Danielle said as she tried to stifle a yawn. "I think the excitement has finally taken its toll."

"I'm not surprised. I've never seen anyone more excited than you about going to New York City. Anyway the plane ride from London was long."

"What are you going to do?" Danielle asked.

"I think I'm going to take a walk around the city for a while. It helps me relax." Miss Parker replied.

"I don't know how with all those people and the traffic, but whatever. I'll see you later Parker."

"I should be back for dinner." Miss Parker nodded as she went towards their private elevator. "We can go to a club and pick up some guys."

"Isn't it the other way around?"

"Not with me its not!" Danielle laughed as Miss Parker sashayed through the elevator doors.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

County General Hospital
New York City
July 23, 1998


"Sis what does this have to do with the story?" Lyle interrupted.

"I'm trying to set the story up, now be quiet and let me continue." Parker replied, trying to hush up her brother.

"Well I think they might want to know how I got to New York, so why don't I tell my side and you can take over later."

Jarod and Kyle looked at each other and shrugged to let the other two know that it didn't matter to them.

"Oh, alright. Whatever you want!" Miss Parker replied, annoyed that she couldn't continue.

"Alrighty then, Jimmy and I borrowed some money from our friends and we stayed at this motel in Manhattan…"

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Motel
New York, New York
December 16, 1978


"Let me get this straight again, Bobby, that counselor is trying to turn you into a psychotic killer and you have a twin sister too?" Jimmy asked trying to comprehend the stuff his best friend was telling him.

"That's the long and short of it." Bobby replied in his nonchalant way.

"And you expect me to believe that?!" Jimmy asked incredulously. "It sounds like some soap opera cross science fiction to me."

"I know, but it's the truth."

"Okay, so what's the plan?" Jimmy inquired. "How are you going to find your sister in this huge city?"

"Well, 'we' are going to go to the Ritz. I found out from Dr. Billy's phone call that she should be there."

"WE?"

"Yes WE!"

"Um, I only came to give you morale support, not to… " Jimmy didn't get to finish his sentence as Bobby threw him this 'you better help me look.' "Alright, alright! What do we do?" Jimmy asked reluctantly.

"First we go to the Ritz as I said before and we find out what room she's in." Bobby replied.

"And how do we find that out? Do you even know what she looks like?" Jimmy inquired.

"Yes, see here's her picture." Bobby said as he gave Jimmy the picture. Jimmy let out a low whistle.

"Good looking!"

"I know, kind of a bummer." Bobby replied. "Oh, her name is Miss Parker. Didn't find a first name though."

"Strange." Jimmy commented.

"Everything with the Centre is strange."

"The Centre?"

"Oh, that's the organization that Dr. Billy works for. Why they want me I'm still unsure about."

"Okay, so once we find out what room she's in, what do you do?"

"I tell her that she is my twin." Bobby replied.

"And you expect her to believe you?" Jimmy asked skeptically.

"I have proof."

"How do you think she'll react, for all you know she may totally dis you!"

"I don't know how she'll react, I'm just going to play all this by ear." Bobby said, thinking about it.

"I was afraid you were going to say that." Jimmy replied. Bobby looked at him quizzically. "Every time you say 'I'll play it by ear' you end up in some type of trouble."

"Not this time." Bobby said confidently.

"Uh, huh sure."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Ritz Hotel
New York, New York
December 17, 1978


Miss Parker sat in the lobby waiting for Danielle. The two had decided to split up that day and were going to meet for dinner. Just as she was going to go up to find out what was taking her so long, Danielle came out of the elevator.

"Hey there!" Danielle greeted as she walked over to her friend.

"What took you so long?" Miss Parker asked.

"Couldn't get out of the shower." Danielle replied sheepishly. "That bathroom is huge and well, I haven't taken a bubble bath in so long…"

"Yeah I know the feeling. I just hope there is enough hot water for me to take one!" Miss Parker joked. As they walked out the hotel and to the restaurant down they street they noticed two guys following them.

"Parker, you notice those guys?"

"The two that are following us?"

"Not bad looking but they are giving me the creeps." Danielle replied.

"Well, lets find out what they want!" Parker said as they rounded the corner. They stopped and as the two guys came around the two girls stopped them.

"Why are you guys following us?" Miss Parker demanded. The two guys looked at each other and one of them took a big sigh.

"Um, Miss Parker you don't know me, but I have something very important to tell you that I don't think you will believe."

"What?" She asked hesitantly curious.

"I'm Bobby Bowman and your twin brother, I have proof too. See!" He said in a big rush handing her a folder.

"WHAT?!" Parker exclaimed.