Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: As Jarod would say, „You know the dance, Parker!" The Pretender belongs to their creators and NBC. I’m just tangoing with them for a bit, don’t worry NBC, Craig and Steven you’ll get them back for your dance!

Author's Note: If you have read the story this far then you should know that words in // and :: are thoughts sent telepathically. // are thoughts sent by Lyle and :: are thoughts sent by Miss Parker.

Spoilers: Don’t read if you haven’t seen anything up to end of the third season.





Gemini Vengeance
part 7

By Apollo's Girl





Miss Parker leaned against Jarod as the other men talked. As much as she tried to listen, all she could concentrate on was Jarod, his smell, his scent, his heartbeat. They had been there for a couple of hours, discussing plans and determining the best course of actions. She closed her eyes and let a small smile of contentment come across her face.

"Tired?" Jarod whispered quietly into her ear.

"A little." She replied back, turning her face up towards him.

"You really should be paying attention." Jarod scolded playfully.

"I guess I'm just a little distracted."

Jarod smiled at her and placed a small kiss on her forehead, which did not go unnoticed by the other men. Lyle and Kyle grinned at each other, Broots looked slightly shocked, and Sydney just beamed, happy at seeing the two happy together.

::Bobby you can stop grinning like a Cheshire cat!::

//But the two of you look so cute!//

Miss Parker looked at her brother and gave a sly smile. ::Of course we are! Since we're so good looking!::

//Oh, brother!//

"So we have the plan down?" Kyle asked.

"I'll sneak in tomorrow to see what is the best way of getting in." Jarod replied. "I'm sure Angelo can help me with it."

"I'm going to see the Triumverate in the morning, so I can see what I can do about getting Sydney transferred." Lyle said as he nodded towards the older man.

"The computer viruses will be in effect by the end of the week. It should keep them shut down for the next three weeks or so."

"Gee, that long?" Miss Parker asked.

"You're talking to the Master, Miss P." Broots grinned proudly. The others chuckled.

"Good, we'll meet up again to discuss how we get in later." Kyle said as he began to put out the fire. Everyone began to get up to leave, when Miss Parker spoke up.

"Where are you staying?" She asked Kyle and Jarod.

"At Danielle and Sam's, why?"

"Just wondering."

"Just wondering if Jarod was going to stay with her." Lyle added under his breath. Parker shot him a menacing look.

"You only had to ask Vanessa." Jarod slyly said as he placed his arm around her, giving her a wink.

"Tell Danielle, Sam and the kids I said hi." Miss Parker replied as she took Jarod's arm down. Then quietly whispering into his ear. "If you should decide to sneak into my room tonight, I won't mind too terribly."

Jarod grinned as she walked over to her brother. Lyle took his sister's arm into his and gave a brotherly warning towards Jarod. Broots watched in amusement, then something dawned on him.

"Do you mean Sam the sweeper? Miss Parker's Sam?"

"Yes." The four answered. Sydney laughed at Broots, who was trying to process this into his brain.

"Come on, I think you need to go home and let all of this sink in." Sydney said as he lead the techie out of the cave and back into Miss Parker's house. The four could hear Broots as he walked away, "Sam? No, it can't be. Sam? Married? Sam? KIDS? SAM?"

"I feel kind of bad for throwing all of this at him at one time." Kyle said to the other three.

"He should be used to it by now working for the Centre. After all things at the Centre is never what it seems." Miss Parker replied.

"No it isn't. Well, we should be going. Good night." Kyle replied as he walked towards the cave's opening.

"Night." Lyle and Parker answered as they made their way towards the door.

"Vanessa, wait a minute." Jarod said. Parker turned and walked towards him.

"I'll meet you inside Bobby." Lyle nodded at his sister, throwing yet another knowing smile at Kyle.

"I'll see you at the car bro. Don't take too long." Kyle said to his brother.

Jarod waited till the younger brothers were out of sight before turning back to Miss Parker.

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"Well, why did you want me to wait?" Miss Parker asked, her hands on her hips.

"To give you a proper good night, goodbye."

Before Parker could respond, Jarod pulled her into him and placed a long, passionate kiss on her lips which was eagerly returned. The two kissed for what seemed like an eternity. When they finally broke off they were both breathless.

"Good night." Miss Parker whispered.

"Good night. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"You better go, Kyle is waiting for you." Parker said as she pushed Jarod gently away.

"Yeah, I should." Jarod made his way out the way his brother had left. Pausing a moment to blow a kiss to Miss Parker. She caught it and sent one of her own to Jarod. He smiled as he caught it and left.

"Okay could the two of you gotten any cornier?" Lyle asked as he stuck his head out of the tunnel entrance.

"You were spying on us?"

"No, I came back when I noticed it was taking you guys a long, long time to come back."

"Well sorry."

"Ah, its okay. Just don't be so corny!"

"I think it was sweet."

"So sweet it makes you sick to the stomach!" Lyle said disgustedly sticking out his tongue.

"You have absolutely no sense of romance!" Parker pouted as she walked over towards her brother.

„I do too!!! Just not when it comes to you!"

„BOBBY!" Parker gave him a playful punch. Lyle smirked at his sister.

"I'm just glad he makes you happy." He said as he placed an arm around her shoulder, giving her a hug. "I wouldn't want you to be with any other man than Jarod."

"I'm glad you think so. Your blessing is more important to me than anyone else’s."

"Good!" Lyle smiled at his sister. "I knew you would see that I what I thought was important. After all I'm pretty god damn smart."

"Uh-huh." Miss Parker teased her brother and the two of them walked back up to her house.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Broots sat at his computer all day typing away codes and worked on updating all the security codes of the Centre annexes and suboffices. He took breaks only for lunch and even then he ate at his console. He felt adrenaline rushing through out his body. Finally he was doing something, something to bring this place down to its end. Every once in a while a smirk would appear on his face when he thought of how the Centre would react to this.

He stopped for a moment, staring at the code on the computer. Jarod had helped him with the design, but for the most part it was his program. All he had to do was press the enter key and the Centre would be shut down. He took a deep breath and pressed the key. For a few moments the computer did nothing, then as if it was a sign from God, the computer flashed: „PROGRAM DOWNLOADED."

Broots pushed back in his seat with the largest smile on his face.

„Let Hell Freeze Over." He whispered to himself.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Lyle sat in front of the Triumverate with Sydney and a very upset Raines. Lyle was trying not to smirk.

„This my project!" Raines hissed at the Triumverate.

„Sydney has more experience with pretenders, especially with a Jarod." A hidden Triumverate member said.

„And that Jarod has escaped costing the Centre valuable amount of money. Will you let it happen again with this one?" Raines countered.

„If I remember correctly your projects have never been that successful!" Lyle replied. Me being one of them.

„I protest against-„

„Mr. Raines we have taken into account your objection, however the Triumverate has decided that to further the potential for the Gemini project, Sydney should be the one to work with the new Jarod." With that they were dismissed. The three men walked out of the room and into the elevator.

„Don’t think I will let go so easily Sydney!" Raines warned before getting off. Sydney and Lyle only grinned at each other.

„Almost there." Lyle said with great pleasure. The two men went their separate ways ready to see the place go down.