Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Author's note: Hi! I guess every self-respecting Pretender fan must do J/MP, so this is my exercise in that world. Oh, and in smut.

Warnings: Smut. There's enough plot to warrant the smut, but that's it. Really. So I'll label this as NC-18.

Disclaimer: The characters used herein are not mine, I'm just toying with them. I do not own the Pretender and no infringement is intended. I'm making no money, so please don't sue me. The intention is only to provide some possible entertainment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Losing Control
By Sofy



Jarod took a quick look at the computer on a lone desk in an ascetic room. One chair was placed before the desk and his current employer, Donny Mateoz, one of the minor crime bosses in Las Vegas, already occupied the second. Mateoz's ultimate goal was to be the top dog, the number one, so he had devised a plan, which would bring him the position he so coveted.

The way Donny saw it, there were two possibilities; either he should gain more power and influence or the powers that be should lose theirs. Donny's brilliant idea was to do both and that was where Jarod came in. His job was to screw with the computer systems of his 'competitors' and to reroute their business to Donny. Jarod knew that Donny sought to get his hands also on the information of millions of credit cards the others possessed after obtaining them very illegally. He wanted to expose them all, major and minor crime lords alike.

He had planned the beginning of their downhill but had some choices left with the very ending. Jarod trusted that he would figure out the perfect method of rubbing their collective noses in it before handing them to the FBI. But now it was the time for a small demonstration of his skills, just to show Donny that he was the right man for the job.

Knowing he could do the job even with his hands tied behind his back, he sat down and did what they were waiting for -among other things. He sent Miss Parker a short, taunting e-mail which -he was certain- Broots would try to trace. Jarod smirked slightly when he masked his tracks only enough to give him the time to complete his task here. It would be another near miss. Picturing Miss Parker in one of her power suits, completely frustrated and angry, perhaps wielding her 9mm when storming into the room, Jarod made a mental note to call her afterwards. She would be too tired of their little game to resist his words if he didn't infuriate her too much. Their previous late night calls brought a fleeting smile to his lips, her voice sounded always a bit softer and so beautiful.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The second time Jarod stood behind the door, he didn't even bother to knock but he didn't make his way into the room after he had entered. A microphone attached to the computer made his breathing hitch for a lesser part of a second, no one else noticed, but Jarod had a bad feeling about it. According to his experience, it was the little things that always changed first when something surprising was about to happen.

His boss nodded him to a take seat and Jarod complied scanning his surroundings thoroughly on his way from the door to the wooden chair; nothing seemed to be out of place except for the microphone. There were two men accompanying Donny, probably having the same job description that sweepers had. This time being the real deal, he could understand their presence but it didn't unnerve him.

"You made quite an impression yesterday." Donny pointed at the morning paper. It featured the results of his little test on the front page.

"They say that you used some kinda hole in their system that no one had ever noticed before. That you must be a certified genius to figure it out." He threw the paper at Jarod who didn't even take a peek at it before tossing it back.

In the spirit of the pretend, he turned his wary gaze from the refrigerator-sized duo forgetting all about them and took pride in his handiwork.

"They would. The lesser minds never know how the truly great ones think." His character's ego was matched only by his skills.

"Funny you should mention. They said also that you left your..." Donny glanced at the article to get the jargon right; he wasn't one to understand computers. "...tags all over the place." The article had mentioned that most hackers have specific tags that they usually include somehow in their work, so that everyone would know who deserved the credits. "This was supposed to be completely anonymous and untraceable."

"Well, _the job_ will be anonymous and untraceable. That was just target practice." He sounded indifferent. "I'm not going to let anyone else take claim of my work. Unless, I get paid enough." He let a small smile form and continued more seriously. "I will do the job I said I would do."

Donny held his eyes tightly on the man before him, evaluating how much trust he could place in his words.

"I'm paying you handsomely, but I'm not going to take any chances here." Jarod concentrated his eyes back on his boss, who signaled the men at his sides. He could see them pulling out a piece of fabric. Trying to put up as much resistance as his role allowed -and then some- he was still overpowered soon.

*This really wasn't what I had in mind yesterday.* His hands were now tied behind his back in a straitjacket and like that wasn't enough, he was also tied to the chair. *So this is what the microphone is for.*

"I can't afford them tracing you to me, so I'm going to listen to you from a safe place... And I'll hear if you try to do something that's not included in our contract." Donny got up from his seat.

"But the job will take a lot longer with this," Jarod nodded angrily towards the microphone, "I can out-type speech recognition software any day."

"I'm in no particular hurry. I trust you will be resourceful enough. When you're done, Mike and Joe here will untie you and let you go."

Jarod took a quick look at them and shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Having superior intelligence probably didn't help with these guys. "Could the two gentleman wait outside? I work better alone." Donny was pleased to see that he still had control over the 'certified genius', whose eyes now darted anxiously between Mike and Joe. He suppressed a laugh.

"Okay, but they'll be right outside and if you try anything, they will be in here faster than you realize." Seeing his hired computer wiz relaxing visibly, he bid his adieu and left him with the computer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The straitjacket he could've managed to shed but since that he was tied to the chair, it wasn't going to happen. He originally intended to transfer his boss's funds to various charity organizations but now he couldn't risk it. Jarod set about his task reluctantly, knowing fully well that it would take more time than he had given himself. Miss Parker and a team of sweepers would probably break down the door any minute now.

The sounds of a struggle emanating from the door twenty minutes later broke his concentration. He had been programming his own commands into the software but it had to be done slowly so that it would go unnoticed. Apparently, his time was up.

"My, I wasn't aware that Christmas came early this year." An all-too-familiar voice purred behind Jarod's back. "And here I thought that this would be another wild goose chase."

Jarod listened very carefully but he couldn't hear anyone else but Miss Parker. No sweepers followed her and not even Sydney or Broots. She was caught in his field-of-view when she circled in front of him and he followed her every step with his gaze. If she really was alone, he might have a chance, although a very slim one.

"So, you're pretending to be Houdini now?" She grinned like the Cheshire cat and tucked her 9mm in the waistband of her skirt. She was wearing a power suit like he had originally imagined but the rest of the scene wasn't like it was supposed to be. "A little tip, you should use handcuffs instead of rope and have the key nearby."

Jarod grimaced, but listened patiently to her gloating; he felt like he deserved it after his gross mistake. She made a full circle around him, confirming that this really wasn't some of his tricks. Miss Parker couldn't hide her grin; the bane of her existence was now neatly tied down right in front of her, all hers for the taking. She couldn't resist the temptation now that no one else was there to see. She wanted to taunt him like he had taunted her countless of times before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

She had the upper hand; all she needed to do was to call in the local sweeper team and Jarod would be back where he belonged. Knowing this, Miss Parker was free to torment him as long as she wanted. His clue had been so painfully easy and obvious this time, that she decided to go in alone, play the game and get herself humiliated without anyone else seeing. Now she could surprise even daddy by bringing Jarod in single-handedly; nothing was going to spoil her day. Except possibly Boy Wonder himself.

Jarod's little disappearing act seemed to have failed but he was still sitting in his straitjacket like it was a part of some master plan, even looking like he was enjoying the situation. *I will rip that smirk out of his face even if I have to shoot him. I'll show him who is in control here.*

She glanced at the computer and pulled the power plug. The low hum subsided and left them in silence; it had no effect on Jarod, at least none what she had hoped for. Evidently, he hadn't been doing anything awfully important prior to her arrival because there wasn't even a slightest hint disappointment or anger in his expression, he still was the poster boy of relaxation. Jarod knew that with the microphone out of play, it was just the two of them, Donny couldn't hear them anymore nor could he send in his thugs whom Miss Parker had dealt with. Whatever should happen, no one on the outside was going to stop it.

To Miss Parker he was the single most infuriating man on Earth; he was supposed to be defeated but his behavior told quite a different story. *He's tied down and still he manages to look that hot.* She was angry at him for making her think that but she kept her cool, wanting Jarod to admit that she had the power now.

She crossed her arms on her chest and leaned back on the desk just looking at him for a while. She kept her face unreadable, knowing Jarod wouldn't like it. Then she closed in on him, broke into a smirk of her own and set her finger on Jarod's chest; he shuddered at the initial contact. She made her way behind his back, tracing her index finger along the rough fabric, which couldn't entirely hide the well-built muscles under it. As she came to a stop, she pressed her left palm against his back, just observing how he moved under her touch.

Jarod strained to focus, which became progressively harder when Miss Parker's hand was burning through him; the warmth made him aware of his current state. He had no idea what she had in mind now that she hadn't called in the sweepers; maybe she wanted to gloat over her victory, maybe she had questions concerning her mother; the 'maybe's were numerous. The only thing he could do was to decide that, for now, he should go along with her game and find out what her plans were. He had landed himself in quite a predicament but to his surprise, there was something strangely enticing in the scene, in which had been caught up.

The warm breath he felt in his neck made his spine tingle. Miss Parker leaned in closer and whispered in his ear.

"Can't think of any witty remarks, huh? That's too bad, you should really utilize this moment, for soon your crowd won't have the patience for wise-ass comments."

He did have plenty of remarks in his mind and a few ones that could have even served as conversation openers or answers but he wanted to string Miss Parker along for a little longer, so he could learn her intentions.

Miss Parker straightened her back, moving her hand towards his shoulder for support, unknowing that she left a blazing trail on his skin. The slight adjustment made something stir inside him, which -under the circumstances- was a wholly unwelcome feeling. He couldn't discern whether it was the compromising situation in general, Miss Parker's close proximity or the tone of her voice, which held equal steadiness as his gaze just earlier, but he certainly could feel his blood leaving his brain, pooling in other areas.

Righting herself, Miss Parker circled around her prey to face him again. His eyes held now a dangerous gleam, only she knew him well enough not to be afraid of it. Actually, fear was the last thing that would've come into her mind; arousal was the first, but she didn't have the time to notice it, for anger soon followed. It surfaced when she discovered the bulge in his black jeans.

She was the one holding all the keys, so how dared he to be so... so intensely aroused by the looks of it; her eyes widened unintentionally. Then she felt a strange pride of making Lab Rat want her really badly, though he hadn't ever indicated such feelings for her during their you-run-I-chase, but who was she to deny the sight she beheld.

Her fury all gone and forgotten, her brains were still doing a double take but her body already knew what it wanted. Looking in his dark eyes, Miss Parker had to admit to herself that she wasn't sensing the longing for him for the first time. Instead, this was the first time she actually allowed herself to feel it.

She took a quick glance at his lap and tried to decide on a proper course of action. *That could be constituted as losing control. So I win.*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jarod didn't miss the change in her demeanor when her eyes lighted up: she had an agenda, and before he had the chance to decipher her expression, she was sitting in his lap. Miss Parker saw the incredulous look on his face when settling in to straddle his legs, her fingers skittering underneath his restraints, tracing and lightly kneading his nicely defined abs. A devious smile crept to her lips when thinking what she wanted to do.

"So, Lab Rat is into bondage? This would _definitely_ surprise Freud." Jarod knew that any heterosexual male would be excited were they in his current position, so he didn't take the bait.

"As much as I value my freedom, I'm beginning to see the prospects of being temporarily tied up with you, Miss Parker." He flashed her one his I-know-something-you-don't smiles and waited for a reaction.

*Why you little son-of-a-bitch!* Miss Parker ground her pelvis into his hardness that was pressed against her, making him involuntarily buck into her. Jarod was sure that if she was playing any games just to taunt him, this was the last chance for her to stop.

When her hands journeyed further south towards his fly, he acknowledged the possibility that this might not be just a simple dalliance. *But she _can't_ go through with it.* It wasn't that he didn't want her -he did- but since she obviously wasn't herself it would be wrong of him to take advantage of the situation.

"Parker..." She already guessed what his soft tone implicated and seeing his friendly -and somewhat protective- look she was sure.

"I swear to god, if you try to psychoanalyze me, I'll tell everyone all the dirty little details how I found you, starting with the straitjacket and rope." Well, it certainly wasn't one his brightest plans. "Either you shut up, or I haul your ass back to the Centre right this instant." Those being his choices, the decision wasn't all too hard to make.

He stared at her silently while she unbuttoned and unzipped his black jeans and as her sharp blue eyes met his, she saw the familiar glint in them.

"Didn't think so," she purred, releasing his burgeoning erection from its prison.

Her hand curled around his rigid shaft and she stroked him in an exquisite rhythm. Jarod groaned with satisfaction and tugged his restraints but they held firmly in place. He reached out to kiss her only to notice that she pulled away from him, although she tilted her head so that he was free to attack her neck. And attack he did; sucking, licking and nibbling the soft skin on her neck and shoulder, he elicited quiet moans from Miss Parker.

His release was coming closer and since he figured that she probably had other plans, he cleared his throat and started cautiously between licks and nips. "Miss Parker."

She mumbled a breathless 'what' and looked at him thinking that he couldn't possibly be choosing the Centre.

"Aren't you going to untie me?" His voice was low and husky and a dark fire burned in his eyes.

She realized that he was close to the verge and weighed her choices. If she untied him completely, he could try to flee, but he would be free to use his hands effectively. *Oh god, I'm already wishing I had Wonderboy's paws all over me.* Miss Parker shook the idea from her head and resumed pondering on her options. Removing only the rope was almost the same as doing nothing and releasing only his hands would take too much time. *Oh, so I'm that eager now.* Miss Parker wasn't about to let Jarod escape this time, so she decided to let him be as he currently was.

"No chance." She whispered her reply to his ear, which made him shudder.

The problem now was that with Wonderboy all nicely tied up, she had to undress herself. Either she would make Jarod beg for her or she'd have to chalk it all up to her temporary insanity and put up a show for him.

"A girl is allowed to have fun, isn't she?" She hadn't actually decided on the proper course of action, but the way her words made Jarod writhe underneath her, she was knew that she had to pick one or the other soon.

Miss Parker's innocent voice added fuel to his fire, but he was afraid that if he let her know just how desperate he was and how much he wanted her, she would back off and leave him utterly humiliated.

"Miss Parker, please." Revealing his desperation wasn't really a conscious choice; the words escaped his lips before he could stop them.

*That's almost begging.* His vulnerable voice made her quiver and before she realized what she was doing, she had climbed off his lap and went for her panties.

Jarod gasped sharply when Miss Parker's hand and her body left its previous position and for a second he was certain that it all had been a game for her until he could focus his gaze on what she was doing. She noticed his bewildered look and found it adorable. Bending down, she continued her task with one hand, holding her other hand against his chest; his heart was pounding. *Oh wait a minute! Adorable? I didn't just think that, did I? Shit, get a grip, Parker.*

Scurrying back to his lap and pulling up her skirt, Parker set her heated core against him and heard him groan into her mouth. Not being able to wait any longer, she guided his hard member to her opening and lowered herself fully onto him.

She stilled as she had taken him in entirely; he was bigger than she had expected. Bigger than she had had for a long time. Jarod was just about to ask her if she was okay, when she began rocking slowly in his lap.

Through his labored breathing he barely managed call out to her, "Parker, please, I need to touch you."

"You're. Touching. Me. Just. Fine. Lab. Rat." She hissed out the words between thrusts.

Jarod watched her through heavy eyelids and drank in her beauty. Her head was thrown back, eyes closed and she was quietly gasping for air that came out with delicious whimpers. He went for her exposed neck, biting, nibbling and licking. The relentless pace brought him to the verge. It felt surreal.

Her movements became soon uncontrolled as her climax neared. He was completely inside her, filling her fully. The pleasure drove her crazy. As she finally came, clenching around him, she screamed wildly, "Oh god, yes!"

Her climax brought him over, too. His release was powerful and she felt him deeper still as he bucked into her as much as his restraints allowed. After catching her breath for a while, she slipped off the chair, and pulled up her panties before straightening her suit.

A pair of brown eyes was looking at her expectantly and she realized that it fell to her to make him a bit more representable. She groaned loudly and Jarod watched her while she completed the task.

She let herself recover and thought about how to proceed. She knew that she shouldn't take any unnecessary risks but the look on her father's -and Lyle's- face would be priceless, if she just waltzed in his office with the runaway pretender in her hands, all neatly packaged. She eyed him for a while and decided to go for the glory. *He is in a straitjacket, after all. It's like taking candy from a baby.* She checked that the guards were still out cold and then loosened the knots and held her 9mm in her right hand while pulling the rope off.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

During the 20 minute car ride, neither of them had any comments on what had just happened. Miss Parker was kicking herself mentally for letting Lab Rat see that she couldn't resist him even for a minute and Jarod didn't simply know where to start. The only exchange they had had, concerned the DSAs which they were driving out to get. She had asked where they were and he had answered; he didn't want to give them up, but he needed to get the chance to make a run for it.

His current lair was a decent apartment, and so Miss Parker draped Jarod's black leather jacket on his shoulders to avoid any unwanted attention. Luckily for her, they were alone.

"Okay genius, where's the key?"

"In my pocket." He followed her hand as she secured her gun against his back and went for his right jacket pocket. Finding it empty, she searched the left one. The gun was pressed tighter into his muscles, but before she could snap at him, he continued casually, "Oh, I meant the pocket of my jeans."

She glared at him. *The little shit's getting a kick out of this!* An impatient sigh escaped her lips as her fingers reached for his right pocket. The warmth that radiated from him made her breath hitch for a heartbeat; she really hoped that he didn't notice. Miss Parker set her jaw and continued her mission swiftly, finding the key almost instantly and ignoring his smirk.

The door creaked quietly as Miss Parker pushed it open all the way; noticing nothing out of ordinary, she marched Jarod in and closed the door behind them. She took in the surroundings: a bed, a table, two chairs and a small kitchenette in the corner.

"Stay." She gestured towards him not to move while she checked the bathroom. Nothing unusual. She glanced at him as she moved towards the adjoining room. The second she looked away, Jarod took action.

He dislocated his shoulder and wriggled out of the straitjacket, a trick that he had seen in a movie once. It took him no more than a few seconds and the timing was perfect. Miss Parker had peeked in the other room and -as he had guessed- was momentarily stunned by the sight. It held several keyboards on a wide table, eight LCD screens were located also on the table and on the wall, computers covered the floor and wires ran all over the place. *Talk about overkill.* However, there was no DSA case in sight.

By the time she turned around to question him about the DSAs, Jarod twisted her arm to her side and took her gun surprising her totally. He backed her against the wall, holding her gun with his right hand and her throat with his left. His hold had just the right amount of pressure to still her but not to inflict any unnecessary pain. Miss Parker's attempts to pry his hand away were stopped by the muzzle between her ribs -and the muscular leg between hers.

Miss Parker was astounded, not by the sudden shift of power but by the fact that she was aroused -again and by Wonderboy.

"You're not gonna shoot me." She snarled defiantly at him, not taking her eyes off his, hoping that she hadn't made him angry enough.

The barrel vanished from her side and in one continuous move he removed the clip, emptied it and threw the pieces to the other room. His hand brushed by her breast, which made her gasp. *I'm not this easy. I can't be.* It was more of a statement than a decision.

"Well, you're right, Miss Parker, I'm not. You had your fun already, so I thought that it's about time that the... How did you put it?.. Lab Rat has his." He released his grip from her throat and pinned her arms to her sides despite her struggles. Shifting his weight closer to her, he whispered in her ear, "Why, Miss Parker, you're always so eloquent."

The same dark fire as before danced in his eyes as he claimed her mouth to a fierce kiss. She didn't fight him nor did she give in that easily. Jarod pulled away and moved her hands behind her back to grip them with only his left hand -the right one went straight to her blouse unbuttoning it.

The hot air on her skin sent shivers down her spine as he reached to unclasp her bra. When his fingers finally found her already hardened nipple and squeezed it, she felt as if a bolt of lightning had struck through her. Fighting hard not to admit to herself that she wanted him even more than earlier, she was betrayed by her wetness, which she couldn't deny. He kissed her again with the same passion and this time she responded with all she had, fighting for control.

Suddenly, his mouth replaced his fingers and she couldn't stifle the whimper it caused. Her skirt was quickly unzipped and tugged down along with her panties. *That bastard has no right to be this good.* As his hard shaft was pressed against her, she was almost ready to beg him, if needed.

"Are we having fun yet?" His deep and smooth voice liquified her knees and Jarod had to release his grip to prevent her from melting to a puddle. Her hands crawled to his sides for support and without delay he pulled his shirt off. She could feel the strong urge to run her fingers along his heated skin and trace the muscles in his back, but she fought against it. It was one thing to play with a trapped Lab Rat and a wholly different to let the Rat call the shots.

"No." She meant it to sound like a typical icy Parker rejection, but it reduced to a whisper on the way.

"Oh, then I must be doing something wrong."

Jarod slipped off the rest her clothes, lifted her up easily and carried her to the bed sliding her to the middle. Before he climbed to straddle her long limbs, he kicked off his jeans and boxers. Holding his weight on his left arm, he dipped his head to the valley of her breasts and his right hand twirled small circles on her skin while making its way south. Just as he was about to reach the wetness between her legs, she rolled them over and attempted to take control of the situation.

Parker found herself under him, wrists pinned above her head; Jarod made clear that he was in charge. He picked up where he left off before her little wrestling manoeuvre, playing with her wet folds, making her emit small, delicious gasps and whimpers. Her back arched unwittingly when he inserted two fingers inside her. His thumb massaged her swollen nub, his lips claiming hers and muffling her moans. He teased her within an inch of her release and pulled away. Curses were mixing in with pleas in her head and she couldn't decide which ones to voice out.

"Having fun?" His voice sounded like he was ready to devour her completely.

Parker couldn't figure out the right answer.

"Jarod..." Her eyes widened as she pleaded to him.

He teased her a little more, entering her opening only enough for her to feel how hard he was.

"You do want me, don't you?" He hadn't expected that formulating an entire sentence could have been so difficult, but he felt how ready she was for him. "Just say the words."

Miss Parker's determination to resist his touch vanished as he moved little in her.

"I want you." The words sounded foreign and strange, but she welcomed his reaction. He plunged deep into her filling her up.

Her last coherent thought was that since she was in trouble already, she might as well enjoy it. She wrapped her legs around his waist allowing better access and at the same moment, Jarod released her wrists. Her hands flew to feel his muscular back and his perfectly shaped buttocks. Their movements became frenzied as he picked up pace, losing any purpose other than to touch eachother as much as possible.

The last thing Parker heard before succumbing to her explosive orgasm was how Jarod's breath hitched, signaling the beginning of his release. He bucked wildly into her when her inner muscles clenched around him tighter still to heighten his experience even more. Collapsing onto her, he could still feel her contracting around him.

Quickly rolling over as not to crush her, they took a moment to catch their breath before Jarod got up and picked up their clothes. He followed her actions and smiled quietly as he saw her frown when she remembered where her gun was. "You don't need the gun. You wouldn't shoot me either." She threw a glare at him.

Miss Parker couldn't tell what he had in his mind when Jarod approached her, so she backed away. *You teased, I begged, you fucked my brains out. End of story. There's nothing left to do.* As her calves met the bed, she found herself mildly worrying about the gleam his eyes had. She fell onto the bed and watched as Jarod closed in on her. Hovering over her, he reached for her arm.

"You wouldn't want to forget these, Miss Parker." She knew what had just happened, but she couldn't believe it. Jarod had secured her handcuffs onto her wrist and the headboard. Anger flared up in her blue eyes as he dangled the key in front of her. She yanked the cuffs but the headboard wasn't giving in -and neither was her wrist.

"So, it's essential that you have this nearby?" He dropped the key to the cuffs on the table, just two yards out of her reach. "I think this is near enough."

"You bastard!" She couldn't have stop herself from saying it even if she had wanted to. His arrogance surprised her and she was seething. "When I get my hands on you, you'll wish that you'd never born, Wonderboy."

"Ah, the eloquence." Jarod watched as she brooded over his theatrical comment. He had gathered his belongings and now reached under the bed. When she realized that he was carrying the DSA case, she was too dumbfounded to yell any angry remarks at him. *It was there the entire time. Why didn't I look there the first thing?*

Jarod grabbed the door handle and smirked at her. "I wonder how Houdini ever managed without you, Miss Parker."

On that note, he opened the door and left. In the silence, her anger dissolved in minutes. The cuffs were too tight for her to try escaping them by dislocating her thumb. *Someday, I will teach you just who has the cheese and who is the rat.*