Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc.and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



Untitled story
for the TP 2001 Movie Challenge
by PerfectAngel





She stared at the photo on her computer for what seemed like hours. Maybe it has been hours. She could not process the information in front of her. How is this happening? What are the answers? Why did Jarod hang up? She wanted to talk to him about this. She had no idea where to start.

Maybe if they worked together they could finally find real answers, all they had to do was stop lying to each other. And tell each other every thing they new.

How hard can it be to tell the truth to him. This was so much more simple when we were kids. Her mind rushed with questions and for some reason she was wondering what Jarod was thinking. Would he want to help me?

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Jarod saved the picture then tried to trace its origins, but for some reason he knew he wouldn't find a thing. He had no idea how to find who sent it, or where it came from.

Jarod started sifting through some of the Centre mainframe. He had nothing better to do. He looked through some of Sydney's files all of what Mr. Parker puts on the computer and that is not much, then he went trough security. Looked at some of the live feed from the cameras. Which the Centre didn't know he could do, great way to get GOSSIP?

He has wondered for the last few years why the Centre has not changed it's mainframe, come on who tries to catch someone hacking in to his own system.

I made their mainframe every aspect of it and they still use it. I must say I did a great job on it but I never made something directly for the Centre unless I had a way around it. They should have known that, their ignorance is there down fall.


*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Miss Parker who was now pacing was thinking about the phone conversation. They both got the mail at the exact same time. So she walked back over to the computer and nothing has changed. She new she would never find out who sent it, what she wanted to know was who was it sent to.


FIVE MINUTES LATER

It took her a few minutes she has never been a big fan of computers but she was pretty handy at the Centre's computers she has been using them her who life. She found her Centre address MP/268934 under it was another address that had to belong to Jarod she had to write it down it was pretty long. g5-h982/j8-1b1/7. "Why does he have to be so complicated?"

She huffed, then she typed it in to the videophone they used earlier and hoped he would answer. Hoped it would work. It was the only way she could communicate with him. She needed answers he had them, she was even pretty keen on sharing to find out.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

Jarod had pretty much given up on playing around in the mainframe, he was getting bored of it. Then his video phone went off, "You have a video phone call, you have a video phone call," Jarod typed in a fast command and the screen came up showing Parker sitting at her desk chair.

"Hi Jarod," she said.

"How did you get the number for my secured video phone?"

"I guess your video phone and visual mail are set up on the same number just like mine. And all I had to do was look and see who else got the same picture as me at the same time, in the send to part of the mail." She explained.

"Not bad for a girl who doesn't like to do her own homework."

"What are you talking about I only asked for help on my math once, I did my homework myself."

"So why did you go through all that hassle to call me?"

"I reconsidered what you said and thought if I help you I'm helping my self, so what the hell let's give it a shot. If you tell me all you know, and I tell you all I know, maybe will finally be somewhat closer to the truth."

"Sound's like a good idea, then we both win in the end."

"How do you know will both win?"

"Because will finally show them they lost control, they can't hide from us both if we work together."

"Now that sounds like the Jarod I know."

"I don't trust this line I'm going to send you a package it will arrive tomorrow. Don't let any one else open it or see it's contents okay,"

"All right, this is a little strange."

"Yeah it is but will just have to deal with it. I'll call you tomorrow." Then Jarod was gone, and she was left to think about what she was doing.

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

THE NEXT DAY

"Miss Parker there is a package for you,"

"Thanks Broots' leave it on my desk."

"It's from Jarod, do you want me to get Sydney?"

"Not right now you both have work to do, if I find any thing I'll call you in."

"Are you sure Miss Parker?"

"Yes, now get to work." She said in a more demanding tone.

"Okay I'm going."

When Broots' was gone Miss Parker looked at the box, then ripped the tape off the top. And surveyed the two wrapped objects, she grabbed the smaller one and opened it. It was a phone exactly like hers even the phone number was the same.

She picked up her phone and realized it was discontinued from service. She threw it in the trash and put the new phone in her pocket. She then picked up the larger object and unwrapped it. It was a brand new laptop computer it was clear see through so it was kind of cool looking.

It had a camera attached to the top a small finger pad mouse and another pad next to it she never saw on a lab top before. Just then she new phone rang "What," she regretted saying it.

"Well, someone has a bad habit to break."

"I make no guarantees," she teases.

"Like the computer?"

"I'm sure Broots' would drool."

"Well, to turn it on you have to press the red button on the back," she did it.

"Okay now what?"

"Press your pointer finger on the blue pad next to the mouse pad."

"And?"

"And say what ever voice password you want to use when you turn on the microphone next to the camera."

She turns it on and thinks for a second, and begins her password. "Refuge,"

"That's perfect Parker."

"That's what I thought, because right now were each others refuge. We have to believe what each other say no matter what."

"Miss Parker before I go if you need me, the little button on the cell's top right corner will dial my cell automatically call if you need me by." and he hung up.

Miss Parker wondered if this was the right thing to do. The only reassuring thing she needed, was the voices telling her this was the way thing always should have been. The voices have bin telling her this is the way to go, without them she would still be on the wrong side. They're telling her that Jarod is her destiny. She wasn't sure about that but he was her key to the past.


REACTIONS PLEASE!!!!! Perfectangel2003@aol.com