Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The Pretender is not mine…let’s repeat this to ourselves…The Pretender is not mine…The Pretnder is not mine…I’ve brainwashed you all now. By the way, as long as the characters continue to live in my head, they’re a part of me and so, in some small way, they are mine.

Summary: Jarod and Ms. Parker exchange poems via the internet as he tries to convince her to end the chase.

Author’s Note: This chapter immediately follows the first one so keep track of the To and Froms from the last chapter and how they flow into this one.

If I Stumble

By Bec-Bec

Chapter 5…And it’s the end

To: The Loneliest Bird In the World

From:

Angels Never Fall

Angels never fall.

Angels never die.

Angels never end.

No one at the Centre ever dies.

Look out the window…



To: Forever

From: Forever

And Angels’ Hearts…

And angels’ hearts give birds wings.

Angels’ arms around birds’ hearts.

Jarod in Ms. Parker’s arms.

Ms. Parker in Jarod’s arms.

Because…that is how it has to be.

It’s just forever,

With you and me.

Author’s Note: Sigh…I love happy endings. I wasn’t going to give this a happy ending, but I was starting to break my own heart. In fact, I’m crying at this right now. Is that allowed? I hope you liked it. Please review!!! Thanks to everyone who spent their time reading this and everyone who bothered to review it.

Post Script: The last poem is an e-mail from Jarod and Ms. Parker to each other. I wanted to put in a number 8 to mark infinity instead of forever (remember that 8 is Jarod’s favorite number because it’s infinity on its side) but I wasn’t sure anyone would get it…though I’m sure most of you are just as crazy and obsessive as I am…sigh… Everybody keep writing!