Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: All characters in this story belong to NBC and all those other abrieviations.

Rating: PG-13 (for language, nothing you won’t hear on tv I guess)

Summary: I’m not tellin’!

Note: This might not go over very well with those who are big fans of the more spotless images of Catherine Parker and Margaret. This story is slightly unusual in theapproach it takes to CP and Margret. At least compared to the other fanfiction I've read.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That man had no right. He had no right to come and take my son. I want to kill him, I may still kill him if I get the chance.
He stole my baby, *he* didn’t even come do it himself. He sent his men to do his dirty work. He did call, after the men he sent left.

That sorry son of a bitch, he told me he was 'reclaiming his property.’ Like a child is property. I told him that an accident of biology does not make my son *his*. He could have just as easily been my husband’s son.

He *is* my husband’s son.

For the past four years it has been my husband he calls ‘Daddy,’ my husband who helped feed him and stayed up late at nights when he was sick.

I know why it happened.

It was retaliation, for what he felt his wife did to him.

She had an affair, so he did, too. No one was supposed to get pregnant. Who the hell *plans* to get pregnant from an affair? Not me, not his wife.

Yet, we both ended up that way.

We had met before, before all the sleeping around started.
She brought a man to the hospital where I worked. He had a broken leg, apparently he had fallen off a ladder.

The man would later become her lover, the father of her twin children.

We cried together over the loss of her baby boy.

The whole thing was twisted, we both knew it.

I was sleeping with her husband while she was off in Maine with her lover. While my own husband was away, in the United States AirForce.

They had known each other before, too. My husband and hers.

They had been members of the same elite regiment, before her husband retired. I guess stealing and exploiting children is a more lucrative business.

The day that my husband came home early to ‘suprise me’ my affair ended. Oh yeah, it was some suprise alright when my husband walked in on us.

We worked hard, though. We put our marriage back together and I never heard from my ex-lover.

He knew I was pregnant, his wife-who had strangely enough become one of my best friends-knew, my husband knew. We all knew who the father was, no one ever talked about it. Our silence was enough assurance that everyone understood whose child he was to be raised as.

Or so I thought, until tonight.

Now that bastard has my son. But he has a suprise coming.
His wife is tired of him, and of his lies and his cruelty.

We have a plan.

Charles, my husband, can never know. He would be in too much danger.

I’ll send him off, under the pretense of trying to find our son.
The plan will take a while, it will be hell to go without my son for so long. But I know I can rely on Catherine, she will keep my son safe for me. Already she has said that my son and her daughter will be the best of friends.

I have to sacrifice part of my son’s life, to save my family and all the other children that have been stolen.

She has to sacrifice, too.

Her child will grow up believing that man is her father, living under his influence. It has to be done now, though, so that one day we will all live in peace.

We can do it, I know.

What chance could Gene Parker have against two pissed off Pretenders?