Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: Not mine, not yours. But with the way TPTB screw around, maybe they should be.

Spoilers: Donoterase

~Stop shouting!~ Ahem...Sorry, I’ll try to control the little man in the computer from now on.

Summary: Ever wonder what a GSW to the back would do to an other wise active, kick ass woman? Ever wonder what the reaction of people around her would be? If you answered ‘No’ to either of these questions, please, do not read my story. (Geez, I’m kidding. Don’t flame me.)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Miss Parker still doesn’t know. The look on her father’s face gives it away. I look over at Sydney, it is obvious that he sees it, too.

He is getting angry again, I can tell.

Never have I seen Sydney get as angry as he has been getting lately.

Never have I seen him get angry this often.

He got angry at Raines for shooting Miss P. He got angry when the doctors told us that it would be a miracle if Miss Parker ever walked again. Sydeny go angrier when Mr. Parker refused to let Miss P be told.

And he gets angrier every day the Mr. Parker still won’t tell her, every day that he hears Miss Parker say that she’ll be up and back to work soon.

But, that’s Miss Parker for you.

She’s lying in the hospital bed, without any feeling in her legs, and she’s reassuring her father that she will soon be up and ready to catch Jarod. Both of them, of course, and Major Charles, too.

That is another thing that angers Sydney.

One of many.

Mr. Parker hasn’t told her that Jarod was promptly handed over to Raines upon his return to the Centre. He hasn’t told her what Raines has done to Jarod.

How Jarod has been beaten, every day since his capture.

How it has gotten so bad that Jarod has gone into a kind of catatonic state.

How he calls for Sydney. . .and her.

Of course, why would he tell her about all of that?

Miss Parker doesn’t even know that Jarod was re-captured.

But she can tell that Sydney is getting close to the edge.

Miss Parker may be paralyzed, but she isn’t stupid.

She asks us, her father and I, to leave. She says she wants to talk to Sydney alone.

I didn’t think her father would agree, but he rises from her bedside and steps towards the door.

All the way, he is glaring at Sydney.

We both walk out and wait in awkward silence in the corridor.

It doesn’t take long.

When Sydney opens the door he doesn’t stop, doesn’t speak.

He just leaves.

But before he could turn away, when he opened the door. . .I saw the tears in his eyes.

*~*~*~*~*