Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don't own 'The Pretender", but I would have if damned NBC took my five bucks! Stupid *%$#@&#…heh…sorry… Well, no infringement intended, I'll give them back when I'm done playing with them.

Note: This is set a about two weeks after Not Even Oz Can Save Us aracely arambula fotos. I suggest you read that before you read this.



Over The Rainbow
by J.


---------------

When all the world is a hopeless jumble,
And raindrops tumble all around,
Heaven opens up a magic lane,
When all the clouds darken up the skyway,
There's a rainbow highway waiting to be found,
Leading from your window pane,
To a place behind the sun,
Just step beyond the rain


---------------

The Centre
Blue Cove, Deleware


I. Hate. Him.

I hate him, and his big brain, and his cute little ass. Next time I see him I'm shooting him in the knee... or was it the foot? Oh hell, I'll shoot both!

Why is everyone so preoccupied with Jarod, anyway? He’s not that great. Ever since the incident with that other pretender, Alex, that’s all anyone at the Centre thinks about.

Find Jarod.

Now I have seven incompetent people on my team instead of four. 'Daddy' (If he really is my father) called in three more people to help catch Wonder kid. And I'm the monster because I'm the only one to figure out that they’re morons. I will shoot Jarods legs off for making me work with these assholes. And then, once he’s back in his black box I'll do a little Irish jig as they lock him up.

Just to spite him.

---------------

Parkers House
Blue Cove, Deleware


Great, just great.

Even from where I am, parking my car, I can see the doors been broken into. Why does everyone pick my house to break into? For once why can't it be the neiborghs? I draw my gun, only to put it away.

There’s a cardboard cut out on my welcome mat. Dorothy, from the Wizard of Oz. I must have triggered something, because as soon as I pushed the unlocked door open, music started to play….

--------------

Somewhere over the rainbow way up high,
There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby,
Somewhere over the rainbow skies are blue,
And the dreams that you dare to dream,
Really do come true


-----------------

If any other person had done it, it would have been sweet. But he did it. So it’s not sweet.

Its sick.

He framed the picture of Dorothy, Tin man, Lion, and Scarecrow skipping down the yellow brick road, but it’s not them. My heads on Dorothy, Lyle's Tin man, Broots is the Lion, and Sydney is scarecrow. And its not the Emerald city in front of them, its the Centre.

God, I hate him!

Three weeks without a single call and now he breaks into my house, yet again, and leaves this. What, is this supposed to be his twisted way of an apology? No, he called my father a murderer and me a drunk. But most of all, me made me worry. I'm still mad. Your not forgiven Jarod.

Your just not.

Fresh tears are stinging my eyes. Why do I let him do this? Why does he always get to me? I'm to tired to deal with this. I haven't slept in god-damned weeks. My ulcers been acting up, which is also his fault.

Finally I give in. Closing my eyes I slip off my jacket, singing along with Dorothy.

---------------

Some day I'll wish upon a star,
And wake up where the cloud are far behind me,
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That’s where you'll find me


---------------

My phones ringing. Correction-my new phone is ringing. I had to buy a replacement after I broke the last one. Another thing that’s his fault. I pick it up.

"Hello...?" I'll be nice to the freak today.

"You better watch it, Miss Parker. Your 'game' face is slipping." He quips, chuckling. Damn him. And his big brain, and his cute little ass.

"What is it, Jarod?" My voice reflects my feeling. Tired. And hurt. My ulcer is going crazy, I'll have to have my doctor check it out.

"Parker, I'm sorry.." There's a pause then he starts again. "I was out of line... I shouldn't have said those things.."

"Stop it, Jarod."

"Huh..? Parker wha-" He’s confused. I usually never let a chance go by to see, or hear, the pretender humble. But this time, I am.

"Just, stop it! This is the real world. The yellow brick road is just a highway, Jarod, the Emerald city is filled with muggers and smog. I'm not Dorothy and this is not Kansas." that’s twice in two phone calls he’s made me cry. Stupid fucker.

"Parker, I didn't think-" I'm quick to cut him off. It’s my turn to talk.

"No you didn't. You didn't think when you called me a drunk; you didn't think when you made me worry-" Shit, I didn't want to say that out loud."- For all of your smarts, you don't think."

There are a few moments of silence. He’s digesting everything that I said. Suddenly he speaks, ego dripping from every word.

"You really worried..?"

I scream, hurling the phone at the wall. I'll buy a new one tomorrow, I always do. I'm going into the kitchen, I need a drink.

---------------

Somewhere over the rainbow blue birds fly,
Birds fly over the rainbow
Why then, oh why can't I?
If happy little bluebird fly over the rainbow
Why oh why can I?


--------------

The End.