Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: NBC, MTM and TNT own them, I don't. Please don't sue. The title and the text at the beginning are taken from The Corrs, I don't own them either (I wish I did..)

Title: Only when I sleep
By: Chris
Category: S
Spoilers: None


You're only just a dream boat
Sailing in my head
You swim my secret oceans
Of coral and red
Your smell is incense burning
Your touch is silken yet
It reaches through my skin
Moving from within
And clutched at my breast

Parker woke up and stared at the ceiling. She had been dreaming about him again. She knew that, deep in her heart, she was feeling something for him but she wasn't ready to admit it. She was afraid of being rejected, of being publicly humiliated when she told him. What would he say? Admit that he loved her as well? That he wasn't able to stop thinking about her? Or would he just laugh at her? Telling her what a fool she was? She turned around and hugged her pillow. She stared at her clock on the nightstand: 3.48 am. No, go back to sleep. She closed her eyes, seeing a picture of Jarod before her inner eye.

But it's only when I sleep
See you in my dreams
Got spinning round and round
Turning upside down
But I only hear you breathe
Somewhere in my sleep
Got me spinning round and round
Turning upside down
But it's only when I sleep

It was 4.23 am when she woke again, still thinking about him. She got up and walked over to the living room. She sat down on the sofa and lighted a candle on the table beside her. The warm light sparely illuminated the room cast shadows on the walls. She was deep in her thoughts and didn't realize that she was stroking the pillow she was still hugging. She curled up against the cushions on her sofa and fell back to sleep.

And when I wake from slumber
Your shadow's disappeared
Your breath is just a sea mist
Surrounding my body
I'm working through the daytime
But when it's time to rest
I'm lying in my bed
Listening to my breath
Falling from the edge
But it's only when I sleep

It was bright day when she woke again. She looked around the room. The candle had burned down and had gone out. She had no idea how she had come here, why she was lying on her sofa. She knew she had been dreamming but the memories of this dream were gone. Had she been dreaming about Thomas again? Or again about Jarod? She didn't know and she didn't care. Dreams are only dreams, she told herself and went to the bathroom.

It's reaching through my skin
Moving from within
And clutches at my breast
But it's only when I sleep