Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.









Away

Miss Parker





Miss Parker never thought that she would fall in love again after Thomas died, but here she was living a life without the Centre in her life and with the man she loved. His name was Ian Miller and she had met him while she was on vacation. She knew that in order for Ian to stay alive she had to leave the Centre in the past. She had been living Dallas, Texas as Mrs. Ian Miller for almost a year.



They were coming home from a late dinner when the cars lights swept up the driveway and lighted up the entrance. A dark figure was huddled on the top of the stairs. She wished that she still carried a gun, but Ian never knew about the Centre, or what she had done in the past. Melanie grabbed the flashlight from the glove department and stepped out of the car.



“Melanie you should be careful. We should call the police first.”



“I’ll be careful Ian. Just wait with the police first.”



“Are you sure?”



“I’m sure.”



Melanie carefully crept up on the huddled figure and slowly reached out and tapped the person on the shoulder. There was no response as she tapped the figure, so she lifted the face and gasped as she recognized who it was. There were a couple of bruises on his face.



“What’s the matter Melanie?”



“Nothing Ian. We need to get him inside. Help me.”



“Why we should call the police.”



“Just do what I say Ian.”



They both grabbed Jarod and he finally woke up a little. Jarod blinked his eyes and looked around. “Miss Parker?”



“What happened Jarod?”



“They got me again. I escaped and made my way here.”



“You knew where I was?”



“I’m sorry I shouldn’t have came here.”



“It’s okay Jarod. Are you hurt anywhere else?”



“Yes.” He said as he passed out again.



“Do you know this man? Why did he call you Miss Parker?”



“Yes, I know him, but I have to tend to his wounds first.”



Ian and Melanie made their way to the guest bedroom and laid him on the bed. She lifted his shirt and saw the marks on his back.



“My gosh. What happened to him?”



“I don’t know. He didn’t tell me anymore before he passed out again.”



“Shouldn’t we call the police?”



“No.”



“But he was hurt. Someone did that to him the police need to know.”



“No. We can’t call the police. Please just trust me on this.”



Jarod awoke again and heard them talking.



“Please no police.”



“Why are you a criminal?”



“No.”



“Then who are you?”



“My name is Jarod.”



“Jarod who?”



“I don’t know.”



“You mean to tell me you don’t know your last name?”



“Ian can you please leave for a bit. I need to talk to him for a minute and then I’ll tell you everything.”



Ian nodded and walked out.



“What happened Jarod?”



“I was at one of my lairs when they burst in. It was Lyle, Sam, Willie and some other sweepers that I didn’t recognize. I was taken back to the Centre where they tried to get the location of the DSA’s. They beat me when I wouldn’t tell them anything. Sydney wasn’t allowed to see me. I didn’t know what they had in plan for me because they knew I wouldn’t do simulations for them. I knew I had to escape and finally after I don’t know how many days I was in there I escaped. It seemed like forever of Lyle taking me out to use the jumper cables and whips. For some reason when I escaped I came here. I knew where you were and I knew that you were married. Don’t worry I didn’t tell them where you were, or that you were married.”



“I believe you.”



“You do? You’ve never did before?”



“I know and I’m sorry. I know that you’ve never lied to me, but my father has. I know you dug up my past to find yours and you never hid what you found and for that I am glad. I’m so sorry that I didn’t realize it until later. I just hope that you will forgive me for being mean to you and for calling you names and hunting you. I’m sorry that it took this long for me to open my eyes and I’m sorry that I was trying to take you back to the Centre to make you a prisoner again.”



“It’s okay Miss Parker I don’t blame you. I forgave you already. After you were a Centre victim like I was it was just you never knew it. You were allowed to go outside and live in a home, but you were still a victim.”



“Thank you Jarod. Have you found your family yet?”



“No, not yet. I once got word from my dad that they almost found my mom, but she was gone. Jeremy and Emily are helping trying to find her. After a pretend sometimes I even try to find her, but no such luck.”



“Jeremy? Who’s Jeremy?



“That’s right you know him as Gemini my clone. He chose the name Jeremy after I got him out of the Centre.” Jarod paused before going on. “He told me that you met him and you tried to get him out. Thank you.”



“How is he?”



“He’s doing good. I’m glad that he gets to lead the life that I never had. I mean not that the Centre’s not looking for him too, but at least he has a father and a sister. I just hope that we are all reunited someday. My only other wish is that Kyle could be here to have our family complete.”



TBC