Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Chapter or Story Microsoft Word Chapter or Story

- Text Size +

Disclaimer see part 1.

An Imaginative View Of The World 42/?
by CHris

The door to her room? She looked back. She had just left the room she shared with Willow and was now standing in the hallway. She walked towards the stairs and sat down on the last step. She looked down into the entrance hall. The front door was open wide and a fresh breeze was wafting through the house. She could hear the others arguing on the porch. She didn't care what they were talking about. She tried to have some time on her own to think about things properly. Maybe to make a plan. To sort things out and to find a way to solve all her problems at once. But it didn't work. She couldn't find an explanation for the things that were happening and she got distracted by Willow who came sprinting up the stairs to wake her for dinner.
"You alright?"
"Sure. Just trying to think."
Willow sat down next to Kyla and put her arm around her shoulder. Kyla leaned against her and closed her eyes. It felt good to know that people cared about her and it felt so good to be here. She wished that this was reality. She hoped that everything else turned out to be a dream or whatever this turned out to be. And as if Willow had read her mind she gently started to stroke her hair. She felt so complete. Like a baby in its mother's arms. But she knew that this was different. That Willow wasn't like a mother to her but a lover. And she was astonished that she didn't even mind. Willow was such a beautiful and wonderful woman and she had to admit that she really loved her as well – that was what she thought she felt in her heart. She gave in to those feelings and she didn't object when Willow got up and walked her towards their room. Willow closed and locked the door behind them.
"Don't worry. I'm not planning to seduce you right now. I want to help you find your way into your reality and I so much hope it is this one."
"I also hope that it is this one. I don't like the others half as much as being here with you. How do you want to find a way to do this? With magic?"
"We can try to use magic, yes. But first you have to tell me about the universe with Dumbledore. Have you had time to learn some magic too?"
"No magic for me. But I have to have magic in me, don't I? Otherwise I wouldn't be at Hogwarts. And Dumbledore knew me."
"We could try. Magic is quite simple. All you need is the right ingredients and belief in yourself. The door is locked. We might as well try something. Do you think you're ready?"
Kyla just nodded. She felt a little nervous but with Willow by her side she knew that nothing would happen. They sat down on the floor to do some calming exercises.
"To find your inner calm you have to shut out the world surrounding us and you have to clear your mind. Or at least try. There are a few things that helped me. Let's try to find out if you have magic power in you. Have you ever tried to make things fly? Simple things like a feather or a pencil?"
"No," Kyla laughed. "I never tried. I mean, I was always told that there is no such thing as magic," she grinned. The exact sentence Harry Potter's Uncle Vernon had used in both the book and the movie. Willow grinned too. She got up and closed the curtains. The room was quite dark. Willow lit a candle. It scented like Willow always did. She put a feather onto the floor in front of Kyla.
"Concentrate on the feather. Forget everything about it. And imagine it flying. There is no such thing as wands or shouting 'Vingardium Leviosa' – even though it DOES work sometimes," she smiled and put the feather back onto the floor that was floating in the air. "Concentration should suffice. Don't force anything. Imagine it move. Give me your hands and close your eyes. And relax, honey."
Kyla tried to smile and took Willow's hands. It felt so natural to sit there and do magic. She tired to remember some fan fiction she had read about Willow. She tried to bring some pictures into her mind from the series and felt Willow's grip on her hand tighten.
"Slowly open your eyes."
She obeyed and saw the feather. It was glowing brightly and floating right in front of her eyes. The light reflected in Willow's smiling eyes. Then the images in her head were gone and the feather dissolved in flames.
"Oops. Sorry, didn't mean to do that."
"No problem. But you can do magic. How did it feel? Do you think you can stand doing things like that more often?"
"I think so, yes. But why did you decide to introduce me to the world of magic now? Why not earlier or later?"
"Let's go and have dinner. We'll talk about that later. The others should hear what I have to say as well. And they are waiting for us. After dinner we have a lot of things to talk about before Buffy leaves for her nightly watch."
She got up. There was nothing that indicated what had just happened in this room and no trace of romance left. It was as if the last minutes had never happened. And Kyla found that she already missed it. She missed the closeness. She missed Willows hands that had been holding hers and the scent that had filled the room. Willow drew back the curtains and opened the window. She walked past Kyla and her lips brushed her cheek. Willow smiled and left the room and Kyla simply followed her. She looked at the door and hoped that it wouldn't be some kind of portal again. Maybe it was some kind of Stargate? Maybe this series was involved as well? She hoped it wasn't. She didn't know if she could still remember what had happened in all the universes she had been to but she was sure she wouldn't be able to remember a new one. But what if she was stranded in this shifting world for ever? She pushed the thought away and followed Willow.
The others had already started eating. They just smiled when Willow and Kyla entered the room but didn't say anything. Kyla smiled inwardly. So many things had happened since she had started shifting and now she was in love with Willow? Wow. She thought about Michael. Had she really loved him? Did she really love him? It almost felt like a dream. So far away and yet so real. Deep in her heart she still longed for him but the last days (or were it already weeks?) had made reality seem so distant and unimportant and even the people she had loved seemed to be fading from her memory. She shook her head and tried to concentrate on the plate in front of her. It seemed to swim in and out of focus.
"Are you alright?" Giles asked, "You look rather pale."
"I'm not feeling well. I think I'll return to my quarters."
"You are definitely ill. Come on, I'll bring you to your room." Willow said and got up. Giles put his arm on her shoulder and shook his head. He got up and stood next to Kyla when she got up. He laid his arm around her waist and led her out of the room and up the stairs.
"You've been doing magic," he stated when they entered her room. "I told you not to try it again. You don't remember, do you?"
Kyla shook her head an d let herself fall onto the bed.
"The last time you tried to do magic you nearly jinxed me. Please don't try to do anything like that again, please promise me that. Now lie down. How do you feel?"
"I'm feeling guilty and sick."
"Do you want me to stay with you for a while? Or do you want me to call Willow?"
"No, please stay. I need to get down to Earth for a while. I feel like everything is spinning around me and I'm too slow for everything. What's happening to me? How can it be that I'm falling in love with Willow? How can it be that I'm shifting through different universes and why hasn't anybody told me about the amulet that was supposed to change me? I can't find answers to the thousand questions in my head. I need answers and not more questions. Giles, help me!"
Kyla broke out in tears and Giles cradled her in his arms and rocked her like a baby. She felt so helpless and she didn't know which questions to ask first. She knew that she wouldn't get an answer if she asked the wrong questions first but which one was the right question and whom to ask?
"Don't cry, Kyla. Things will clear eventually. And you will find the answers you seek. Now try to get some sleep. I'm sure you need it."
"Don't go away," Kyla mumbled and felt Giles' lips brush her forehead before she fell asleep.