Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters, I believe that NBC has the official right to manipulate these characters, but like others, I like to wonder what they would do in *my* world. Please do not archive without my permission. (at the very least you'll guarantee another hit on your site :)

Author's Note: Alight, I love thinking these things up.. I wish I could pull them off irl... Thanks to Ashlee and Schuyler for nitpicking


Sequel to Never Stand on the X, X Marks the spot and Make Sure You're Not on an X


If I See One more X...
By Gables


~~~~~

"This is Sydney," the psychiatrist answered the phone nonchalantly, but turned away from Miss Parker when he heard the caller's voice. Miss Parker noticed, and guessed who was on the phone. She stood up, gathered her files and started to leave.

"Syd?" she asked before she left the room.

He put a hand over the mouthpiece and looked at her.

"Tell your lab rat to stop wrecking my wardrobe."

Sydney smiled, and turned back to the phone, "Jarod? Miss Parker wishes that you stop ruining her wardrobe."

Miss Parker was halfway out the door when a word from Sydney's conversation stopped her.

"Video?"

She turned around and looked at him expectantly.

Sydney relayed the message, "Jarod promises. He says that he'll have enough fun watching your clothes get ruined from the video tape he made."

Miss Parker continued out the door. She grabbed a piece of paper and wrote ut a list. Finding Broots in front of a computer, she shoved it in his face and ordered, "Broots get me these things by the end of the day."

~~~~~

Miss Parker's House
7:00pm

Jarod quietly opened the backdoor. He had already disabled her alarm system. He knew that she wasn't home. At 7:00 it was too early for her to be off work, but at the same time, late enough to be dark out.

He grinned as he stepped inside and slipped in his sack. Inside were half a dozen spring snakes. He wasn't going to wreck her wardrobe, but that didn't mean he couldn't have fun. As Jarod's eyes scanned the kitchen, he instantly got the impression that something was different. Jarod lost his grip on the door as it forcefully swung open and watched as a sandbag on a sting fell down from a pulley. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw that the other end of the string connected to the door. >Oh shit he thought.

The sandbag hit a platform that was suspended from the ceiling. The weight of the bag tipped the plane and it angled down toward him. He barely had time to close his eyes as a yellowish green liquid spilled off the lip, coating him. By the smell, Jarod knew it was paint. The sandbag continued falling, and Jarod heard it hit the floor. Instantly he was blinded by a bright flash of light.

Then there was silence. And then it was dark again. Jarod stood still and cautiously wiped his eyes. He snapped them open when he heard Miss Parker's voice, but relaxed when he realized it was a recording.

"Jarod! Have you learned nothing form your own stunts? You are not suppose to stand on the X!"

Jarod looked down. He chuckled; he was standing on an X. Jarod took a moment to admire Miss Parker's set up. When the sandbag hit the floor, it triggered the flash bulb. Jarod noticed something else when he looked down -- he was glowing.

"That's no ordinary paint Jarod. It's glow-in-the-dark. It needs only a little amount of light to make it glow - you got a large amount of light. I bet you are glowing quiet nicely now, for *my* camera. Right now, I have just received an alarm that you are in my house. I'm coming home right now. I don't expect to be home quick enough to catch you, but if you want to stay and watch the instant replay, I'd appreciate it."

Jarod didn't need another incentive. He took off out the door, paying no heed to being stealth.

~~~~~

2:00 am

Miss Parker stepped out of the bathroom wearing her robe. She was in a fabulous mood, even after having to scrub her kitchen clean of paint. As expected, the phone rang.

"What?"

"Hello Miss Parker." Jarod sounded as happy as she was.

"Wait Jarod, just a minute. Let me get the tape of you again so I can put a *glowing* body to the voice. I must say, for once you did shed some light on my life, and my back porch, and the woods behind my house as well."

"Booby trapping your own house Miss Parker? Ingenious."

"It's a nice way to keep people out of your space. Learned it in college."

"I feel sorry for your roommates."

Miss Parker silently laughed at the memories, but turned threatening toward Jarod. "Jarod, don't you ever try to make a fool of me again! And if I ever see another X it had better be as a target on your chest!"

Jarod laughed. "Touché. Well, I just wanted to give the new décor in your house a glowing review."

Miss Parker tried not to laugh.

"Goodnight Miss Parker."

"Goodnight Jarod. I hope you can sleep with the lights on."

~~~~~

The End



Questions? Comments? Concerns? Feedback Please!