Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM and NBC Productions and used without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.



The Night Of Friends
By Kelly Mullins





THE CENTRE
BLUE COVE, DELAWARE
MISS PARKER'S OFFICE

"There all done." Miss Parker said leaning back holding the bottle of black nail polish

"That's so cool! Thanks Miss Parker" Debbie Broots looked excitedly at her and Miss Parker's nails. "Wait until my dad sees!" She got up and ran around the room happily.

Hope Brootsie doesn't have any thing against black polish Miss Parker thought.

"Hi honey, how was your day with Miss Parker?" Broots asked coming into Parker's office.

"It was so much fun, we went to a movie and came back and had a very short meeting with that oxygen yielding corpse." Debbie said trying to remember exactly what it was Miss Parker had called him.

"Also known as Mr. Raines." Broots corrected his daughter.

"Broots, let her call him what he really is." Miss Parker scolded

"Come on Debbie, let's go eat."

"Hey Miss Parker wanna come eat with us?" Debbie asked.

"I'd better not."

"Oh come on Miss Parker, we could go by and grab Sydney on our way out."

"Okay hold on a sec. go on down to Sydney's office I'll be right there." Debbie pulled her father out the door and they were on their way.

"I can't believe I'm doing this." Parker muttered to her self. She walked over to her liquor cabinet and took out the bottle of vodka she had shared with Broots, she poured her self a shot and downed it letting the liquid burn it's way all the way down to her ulcer. "Okay, I'm ready." She walked out of her office.

"Hey Parker!" Lyle called out.

"What do you want?"

"I just wanted to know where you're going?"

"I'm going out to eat."

"With a date?"

"NO! Well unless you consider Sydney, Broots and his daughter a date."

"Geez, your touche."

"Look Lyle I'm going out with my friends some thing you can't do because you don't have any."

"Oh you never know sis, me and Raines are pretty close, and I was partnered with Brigette for a while."

"Brigette, you slept with her, and now she's our step mother! That must have been pretty bad she skipped right over you and straight to Daddy, and the walking corpse isn't a friend he's your play-mate, He tells you what to do, and I get in trouble for it."

"Well I've got dad."

"The reason you have Daddy is because you're new! You weren't around when Mom was here and you weren't around for another 20 years after she was killed." She left her twin brother and stepped onto the elevator she hated.

"Miss Parker, you ready?" Debbie asked, as she stepped off the elevator.

"Yea." She said and was immediately pulled out the front door of the Centre.

"Hey Syd." She said sitting next to him in the back of Broot's Ford Explorer.

"Miss Parker, Sydney, want one?" Debbie asked turning around despite her seat belt, Sydney took the offered Wonder Woman PEZ dispenser.

"Thank you." He said politely. "Parker?" He offered.

"Sure." She lifted up Wonder Woman's head and was greeted by a little pink candy. She handed the dispenser back to Debbie and put the candy in her mouth.

*****

"BOB'S" DINER
BLUE COVE, DELAWARE

"That was a good meal, no one killed of maimed, Miss Parker I believe you've set a new record." Broots commented.

"Can we get some chocolate cake?" Debbie asked once she'd finished all of her food.

"I don't know..."

"Please Daddy, Please" Debbie begged.

"Oh all right, any body else want any thing?"

"A refill on my drink would be nice." Parker said nodding toward her glass.

"Okay what're you drinking?"

"Dr. Pepper."

Every one finished eating and paid their separate bills. They then drove around Blue Cove dropping every one off at their respective houses.

"Bye Debbie, thanks for the ride Broots, see ya tomorrow Syd." Parker said getting out of the car.

"Did Miss Parker just say thanks to Me??' Broots asked amazed, once Miss Parker had closed the door. When no one answered him , Broots drove on.

As soon as Miss Parker closed her door the phone rang.

"What?" She answered with her usual greeting.

"Hello Miss Parker, have fun at dinner?"

"Jarod, how did you know I went out to dinner tonight?"

"By now Miss Parker you should know that I know all and see all. So take off your leather jacket, kick off your heels, and relax." He hung up.

"Where is he?" Miss Parker asked her self, looking around." Oh well, I'm too tired to worry with you right now boy wonder." She said to her house. Miss Parker went into her bathroom and turned on the water in the bathtub and poured in the lemon scented bubble bath. Once the tub was full Miss Parker settled herself down in the water and started thinking about her day with Debbie, 'Oh I'm so stupid!' She thought. She slid under the bubbles.

She emerged from the bathroom an hour later towel-clad, after deciding the water had reached the ice-cold tempeture. Her room was dark and she stumbled to turn on the lamp next to her bed, once the lamp was on she was greeted by a surprise... Jarod sitting in a chair and eating Oreo cookies 'More junk food.' and smiling.

"What the heck are you doing here?"

"I'm just here to see you." Miss Parker spotted her gun and started going towards it.

"I wouldn't do any thing stupid Miss Parker, I took the liberty of taking the bullets out of your gun, nothing in the chamber or in the clip."

"Smart, wonder boy, so why are you really here?"

"Just to see you."

"In my towel?" She questioned.

"Let's say it's an added bonus." Miss Parker smiled, grabbed her clothes and went back to her bathroom. She popped a couple Prozac and re-emerged a few moments later.

Miss Parker enjoyed an evening not as hunter and the hunted but as childhood friends with Jarod, eating and drinking Coke, and just talking all night long. The Centre could wait, tonight Miss Parker was a happy normal person.

Jarod awoke the next morning, clad in black silk boxers and next to a peacefully sleeping Miss Parker who was in Black Silk pyjamas.

"Bye, Parker," He said to her sleeping form, "Maybe we can do this again some time and invite Sydney, Broots, and Debbie." He said and disappeared off to his next pretend.