Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: NBC and MTM own them, but I dare to use them for my own purposes. There are no copyright infringements intended, so please don't sue. The song and the text belong to Ned Washington, Leigh Harline and the wonderful world of Disney movies.

Title: When you wish upon a star
by: Chris
Rated: G


When a star is born,
They possess a gift or two,
One of them is this:
They have the power
to make a wish come true.

Jarod listened to the song for the umpteenth time. He never had had a childhood and had now found out the beauty of Walt Disney. He thought that somehow his wish had to come true and that this was a way to try. He sat outside, in his little backyard and looked at the stars. Maybe it would work? Just wish upon a distant star, wish to be able to hold Parker in his arms and tell her how much he loved her? No, this was impossible, she'd never admit her love to anyone. He imagined her holding a child in her arms, humming a lullaby but was drawn back to reality by the cat that was stroking around his legs.

When you wish upon a star
makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
will come to you.

Parker was standing outside, trying to sort things out. She had had a quarrel with her father and was now home alone. All alone, nobody there to comfort her or to talk to. She had caught herself talking to the glass in her hands, so she had decided to go outside. The air was cool and the stars where shining. She couldn't help but think of Jarod. What was he doing at the very moment? Maybe watching the stars as she did? He would probably be doing another pretend, not wasting any thoughts in her or her well-being.

If your heart is in your dream,
no request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
as dreamers do.

Jarod took his phone and dialed her number. His hands shook but he knew he had to hear her voice.
"Yes?"
"Parker, what are you doing at the moment?"
"I'm standing outside. Why do you call? It's in the middle of the night."
"I had the strange feeling that you couldn't sleep."
"Don't insist, that I've been thinking of you."
"Well, as a matter of fact, I thought you did. Why else would you have mentioned it?"
Ouch, he was right. Would he have said anything like that if he had kept her mouth shut? He sounded different then usual, somehow deep in his thoughts.
"Jarod, what are you thinking about at the very moment?"
"I've been imagining my hand on your naked skin."
A shiver ran down her spine and she watched goose bumps rising on her arms.
"Imagining you walking around the room dressed in a white satin-gown, with your shoulders bare, barefooted, the moonlight reflecting on your skin, a glass in your hands. A longing look in your eyes, staring up at the stars."
"Jarod, where are you right now?" she asked, staring at her white satin-gown and the glass in her hands.
"Not far away from you."

Fate is kind,
she brings to those who love,
the sweet fulfillment
of their secret longing

"Can you see me?"
"No, why?"
"Well, I'm wearing a white satin-gown and I' standing outside with a glass in my hands."
"I know you, Parker."

Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you thru
When you wish upon a star
your dreams come true.

"Would you like to come over? I'm alone and I could use some company."
"I'll be with you as soon as possible, but not tonight. Wait for me."