Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimers:
“The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


“The X-Men Universe” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to their owners and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.



X-Men
By: 24


An odorless vapor ran through the mansion. Men in dark suits came in and picked up one of the occupants in the mansion leaving the others behind. After she was loaded into the van they drove off. They boarded the plane and took off towards Blue Cove, Delaware. Lyle got up out of his chair after the plane took off and looked at the blue mutant. They had found out that this mutant can change into different people and mimic their voices and they were going to find out is she was a pretender. When they got back to the Centre they would put her through a battery of tests.



*****

Dallas, Texas



Jarod walked through the doors of the warehouse he was staying in and turned on his laptop. He got something to eat while it was loading up. He turned to throw the paper plate away when a voice came from the computer. You have mail. He clicked on the icon and read what was there.



Jarod,

Have gotten another pretender. She’s a mutant. Look through Xavier’s School for the gifted files. They have files on all mutants. Some good, some bad. Save this mutant please. She is also a pretender. See video file.



CJ



Jarod clicked and downloaded the video and watched as the blue mutant as she turned into another person and mimicked their voice and do it again. He then rewatched it in wonder. Here was a pretender that could actually be someone else literally. He knew that he had to help this mutant, so she wouldn’t be in the hands of the Centre anymore.



He packed his things and put it into the car. He was lucky that he was done with his pretend and was ready to leave anyway.



******

Blue, Cove Delaware



Jarod set up camp in a motel room in Blue Cove. He had gotten a list through all the files at the school and found out about Mystique and what she could do. He also found out about the other mutants. He would have to wait until night to go get Mystique to get her out.



That night he drove to an abandoned part by the Centre and got out. He quickly made his way to the vent cover and uncovered the vent and got in. He followed the vents through to her cell. He kicked out the cover and leaped out into the cell.



“Hello Mystique. My names Jarod and I’m getting you out of here.”



“You know who I am?”



“Yes. Come on. We don’t have much time.”



“How did you know I was in here?”



“A friend told me. Let’s go we can talk in the car.”



He lifted her up to the vent and then he too got in and put the cover in. They were moving through the vents when Angelo made an appearance.



“Angelo. Thank you for letting me know about Mystique.”



“You’re welcome.”



“Come with us.”



“Can’t.”



“Okay. Stay safe my friend.”



“You to Jarod and be careful.”



“You to Angelo.”



When they were on the outside they ran to the car and got in. Jarod started the car and drove away.



“Thank you.”



“You’re welcome.”



“Angelo sent you the file? How do you know him?”



“I’ve known him since I was a child. The Centre stole me from my family because I am a pretender. Kind of like you, but I can’t look like the person I’m pretending, or mimic their voices. While I was there I did simulations like you did and when I got older I found out that they were using them to hurt and kill people, so I had to escape. They’ve been trying to get me back for a couple of years now. They use my childhood friend Miss Parker, my mentor Sydney and a computer tech to track me and bring me back. I run and they chase. They kidnapped a young boy named Davy because he had the pretender gene and almost made him like Angelo, but I rescued him and made a serum. He got better and since he didn’t have a family I made sure that a couple that wanted a child adopted him and made sure that he was loved.”



“How long were you at the Centre?”



“I don’t know. I don’t know how old I am. I know I was really young when they took me. They won’t tell me my last name, or my age. I’m trying to find my family. Not only I was taken, but my brother Kyle was taken too. I didn’t know that the little boy that I did a sim with was my brother until a year after I escaped. I saw my mother and the sister that I didn’t know that I had.”



“So all you did was simulations? What about on Holidays?”



“I didn’t know about Halloween, or Christmas because they didn’t want me to know about anything outside the Centre. I didn’t even get to have ice cream, or pez. You ate that green glop too.”



“Yes, it was disgusting.”



“When I got out I had my first ice cream and it’s good. I like ice cream.”



They drove to Jarod’s room and he gathered his things. They would have to put some distance between the Centre and themselves.



****

Erik/Magneto’s Mansion



Jarod drove up to the mansion’s driveway and parked by the steps.



“Come in Jarod.”



“No, I can’t. I’ve got to go.”



“Thank you for getting me out of there, Jarod. Good luck in what you do. I hope you find your family and don’t let them catch you.”



“You’re Welcome and Thank you.”