Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimers:
“The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

“One Tree Hill” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to WB and their creators and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.



One Tree Hill
By: 24


Jarod walked into the schools Gym where the boys were gathered. He cleared his throat as he walked up to them.



“Hello my name is Jarod Miller. I am going to be your coach for now that Whitey is in the hospital.”



He had noticed that two boys a blonde haired boy and a dark haired boy had a look of relief as he had approached. He knew that they were half brothers and they were probably afraid that their father Dan would be the coach.



He watched the boys as they did their paces and then told them to practice.



After practice was done he went into Whitey’s office and sat down. He went through the paperwork and was immersed in it when there was a knock at the door. He looked up at who was there and watched as a dark haired man walk in.



“Hi I’m Dan. I’m Nathan’s father.”



“Mr. Scott. Glad to meet you. You’re Lucas’s father too. Aren’t you?”



“Yes.”



“What is the matter?”



“Actually, I was here to see if you needed any help.”



“No, I’m fine. I’m just checking out Whitey’s notes and going through them.”



“Well, if you need help call me.”



“I won’t need help.”



He watched as the man walked out of the office and wondered how a father could abandon one son and make the other son’s life terrible. He heard from someone that he was always critizing Nathan and mostly ignoring Lucas. He did save him when his brother Keith and Lucas got into a car accident.



He put down the paper he was holding and then decided that he needed to go back to his latest lair. When he headed out he heard the basketball hitting the Gym floor and he went to investigate who would be playing basketball at this time.



Leaning on the door frame in the entrance of the Gym he watched as Lucas and Nathan Scott played one on one. He saw that the boys formed a bond despite that their father thought.



He knew that Lucas had an injury to his arm, but it didn’t seem to stop him. He watched some more and then cleared his throat signaling that there was someone else that was there.



“Hello Coach Miller.”



“Hi boys. I see that you play well with each other. Did you have this bond between you when you were younger?”



“What bond?”



“The bond that brothers have?”



“No, I mostly resented him when we were younger. I still did when we were playing basketball for most of the year until I stopped.”



“What made you stop?”



“Seeing what Nathan had to go through with our father. It made me glad that he ignored me my whole life.”



“I’m glad that you had that bond. It’s a special bond that should never be broken no matter what.”



“Do you have any brothers or sisters?”



“I was taken from my family when I was younger and so was my brother. We saw each other once, but we never knew that we were brothers. He died trying to save me. I’m still trying to find our family.”



“I’m sorry Jarod. We hope that you find your family.”



“Thank you.”



“Well, we better get going. My mom is going to wonder where I’m at.” Said Lucas.



Both boys walked out of the Gym side by side. Jarod smiled at that. At least they will get to grow up together. They will be able to talk about things and have a chance to know each other. They may have hated each other when they were younger, but now they had an unbreakable bond. Something that he and his brother had when Kyle died. He wished so many times that Kyle hadn’t have died and he was still alive. That way they would have had a chance to know him better and find out what kind of life he had led under Raines’s care. Probably not good, but he wanted to know what happened to him. He turned off the lights and walked out of the building.