Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimers: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

“Touching Evil” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to USA and their creators and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.


Touching Evil
By: 24


Jarod sat in his hotel room in yet another town. He had the papers open to find out what his next pretend is going to be. Turning one of the papers page again he saw something that made him pause.

Man shot, killed and brought back to life.

David Creegan was shot in the head while trying to apprehend a suspect and fell out the window. He was taken to the emergency room where he died for one minute and then suddenly brought back to life.

Jarod read the rest of the article and then stared at the photo that was used for the story. He blinked and wondered how this man looked like his brother Kyle. Was it his brother under a different name? Did he get out of the van before it exploded? He knew that he had to go to see for himself. He packed his things and took the papers with him. He took one last look around to make sure that there would be no lead in where he was going. He didn’t want the Centre to get the chance to find David even if he wasn’t his brother.

****
San Francisco.

Jarod stood outside the hotel room where David Creegan was living. He lifted his arm and knocked on the door. The door opened and there stood the man, who looked so much like his brother Kyle, but this man had a scar on his forehead and he didn’t see his hand yet. There was no recognition of Jarod as David looked at him.

“Hi. My name is Jarod. I saw the article in the paper about you and I wanted to meet you. Is it okay if I ask you some questions?”

“Sure. Come on in.”

They sat at the Hotel room’s table and then Jarod started to talk.

“Do you remember everything that happened after you were shot? Like your parents and everything like that?”

“Yes. My parents came to see me when I was in the hospital and the mental ward.”

“I’m just curious. What are your parents names?”

“James and Grace Creegan. Why are you asking me these questions?”

“I saw your photo in the paper and I knew I had to find you and talk to you.”

“Why is that Jarod?”

“You look like my brother Kyle.”

“I’m sorry, but I’m not your brother Kyle. I can’t lie because of the bullet. I also have no shame. The bullet took that too. Tell me about your brother.”

“Well there’s really not that much to tell because I really didn’t know him that well. We were stolen from our families when we were both young and taken to this place. I saw him once when we were a little bit older, but I didn’t know that he was my brother. It was a year after I was gone from the place that took us that I found out that he was my brother and that we had a sister that we didn’t know about. We were going to see our mother and sister when the van that I was driving rolled over. Kyle was injured from that and told me to go find our parents and I took off. The van blew up and I thought maybe that he was you.”

“I’m sorry Jarod that I wasn’t who you were looking for. I hope that you find your parents.”

“Thank you and Thank you for talking to me. I have to go now.”

“Okay. Goodbye Jarod.”

“Goodbye David Creegan.”

Jarod drove away from the Hotel room and made his way back to the freeway. He hoped so much that it was his brother, but it wasn’t.

The End.