Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

And thanks again to Tatjana for beta-reading this for me... :-)

Late
by Mareen.


I met him today.

I still can`t exactly say why or how. Just that he was there, looking at me, smirking. I hate that smirk.

No, actually I hate *him*.

I've never thought I could hate someone. But I do.

He took her away from me. Took her away from me like THIS! With a little snip of his fingers.

He only needed one damn conversation. ONE! And she was gone.

Away from her family.

Away from the Centre.

Away from me.

I love her. I really do. Maybe I should have told her that much earlier, that I love her, I mean.

Now he was faster.

When I came to her house today, ready to say it, he was already there. They must have talked the whole day, must have said things they`ve never told each other before. When she opened her door, I knew. She had that smile on her face. I don't remember her smiling like that ever before.

"I'm going with him," she said. "I have to do it. I'm sorry."

But she still had a smile on her face. If she was sorry, she didn't show it, even if she tried to.

He put his arms around her and smirked.

Oh God! All I wanted to do was smashing my fist into his face. Beat that fucking smirk out of his fucking face.

I even had flowers with me! I`d thought of it as some kind of old-fashioned kind of way to bring more romance into OUR moment of joy.

Yeah, right.

"Congrats," I said, forced a smile into my face and gave her the flowers.

Even her luggage was already beside the door.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I really am. I know how you feel."

I'm sure you do, you little son of a bitch.

I'm sure you do know how I feel.


Isn't that why they call you a Pretender?


End.

Note: Okay, how many of you already knew that it's Thomas who tells the story? *g* btw, I can assure you all that this story was born out of the deepest feeling of hate for Thomas Gates you could probably imagine. ;-)