Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Thunder Strikes on a Dark Stormy Night
by Nicky


They are alone in the house. It is a cold, dark stormy night. The storm had come up quickly and each time the thunder booms he watches her jump. She looks across the room and admires his strong appearance and wishes that he would take her in his arms. Comfort her. Protect her from the storm. She wants that.

Just then, the power goes out. She screams. He races to the sofa where she’s cowering. He doesn’t hesitate to pull her into his arms. He knows this is a forbidden union and expects her to pull back. He’s surprised when she doesn't resist but instead clings to him. Outside, the storm rages on as their growing passion. And there comes a moment when each knows that they have to be together. They know it’s wrong, their families would not understand, but ...

She slowly leans in and takes his lips with her own, molding her body as close to his as she could possibly get. She presses her hand to that spot on his chest where his heart is pounding a mile a minute, rivaling the speed of her own beating heart. He gently eases her backwards, so that his tall body covers her much smaller one on the couch as they continue their desperate exploration of each other. So consumed in their passion they don't hear the door or the click of the light switch. The power is back on......

"Arghh," they hear a strangled cry from behind them. They both lift their heads up from the sofa, peeking over at the doorway.

"Get off of her," the voice cries again. "Get off of my daughter."

"Daddy," she says to stop the man, but it's not use. He's grabbed her companion by the shirt collar and has him dangling in the air.

"Daddy, stop this," she tries again. She looks to the others in the doorway, standing in wide eyed shock at the display in the living room. She turns her pleading to them. "Stop him, please."

"Maybe you ought to calm down," one of them suggests, placing a hand on the angry man's arm.

"Listen to him, Daddy."

"Don't Daddy me, Young Lady. Go up to your room. I'll talk to you later," he demands.

"But Dad . . . "

"Debra Marie Broots, do as I say now!"

Jarod and Miss Parker look at each other, partly afraid and partly amused at the man before them. Neither of them has seen him so upset. So demanding. It's like seeing a whole new Broots.

"Broots, why don't you put him down," Miss Parker says gently. "Jarod will take him home and talk to him. I'll go up and see about Debbie."

"You don't have to do that," Broots sighs, shakily releasing the terrified boy out of his clutches. For an instant, Broots sees the fear in the boy's eyes and feels a bit sorry for him.

"It's no problem. It's an all too familiar scenario for me," she smiles wickedly, briefly recalling the many times she's gotten caught on the couch or behind the bleachers or in the backseat of a car or . . . the memories just go on and on.

"That's what I'm worried about," Broots says, shaking his head.

"Relax, Broots. We'll be fine. I promise," she smiles again before turning to Jarod. "You two go on home in JC's car. I'll be there when I'm finished talking to Debbie."

"Alright, Honey," Jarod grins, stealing a kiss before she leaves.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Broots," JC, as Jarod's clone now likes to be called, manages to stutter. "Debbie and I were just . . . "

"Son, I'm very well aware of what you were trying to do to my baby girl," he groans.

"JC, let's just get out of here," Jarod suggests, putting his arm around the boy. Unlike his wife, he doesn't have much experience in dealing with angry parents after having been caught making out with their children. So he has no idea how to handle JC's rampaging hormones. However, he knows that trying to explain to the aforementioned parent is probably a bad idea.

"Good night, Jarod," Broots sighs wearily, patting the retreating man on the back. He holds the door open as his guests leave. They get in the car and wave good-bye one last time before pulling out the driveway. Broots sighs again, wondering just how he's going to make it through the rest of Debbie's teenage years without having a stroke.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"So, what did you say to him?" Miss Parker asks Jarod later that evening as they're getting ready for bed. "You weren't too hard on him, were you?"

"Parker, Broots wasn't too happy to find his daughter tangled up on the couch with some boy. Just because he knows JC, didn't make that shocking discovery any easier to take," Jarod explains.

"Jarod," she laughs, shaking her head. "For one thing, they're both the same age. So it's not like he was taking advantage of her. For another thing, and this is speaking from experience, the saying that it takes two to tango has never been truer than in this case. She was a very willing participant."

"Do I want to know about this vast experience of yours?" he asks warily.

"Probably not," she giggles, kissing him until they're both breathless. "Now, enough talking. Are we going to let some kids out do us in the making out department or what?"

She kisses him again, eliciting an eager response from him.

"I'm going to go with or what," he grins, dropping a line of kisses on her neck. She can only reply with a moan. Maybe he was a bit harsh with JC earlier. He can see now how irresistibly romantic a dark, stormy night can be.

The End.