Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: “The Pretender” and its characters do not belong to me they belong to TNT and NBC and are being used without permission. Please don’t sue because I have no money.

Author’s Note: This story can be a sequel to Do Overriver past serial 6, but it can also be a stand-alone.


Heaven
By: 24


Jarod could feel himself floating and didn’t know what to think of that. He woke up and saw white all around him. He saw white fluffy clouds and wondered where he was and wondered if the Centre messed with his mind.

“You are here because you have died.”

“What?” Jarod thought to himself. He could hear a voice in his mind, but didn’t know what to think about it.

“Don’t panic Jarod, it’s okay and you’re safe. This is not the Centre’s doing.”

Suddenly a white figure materialized in front of him. The being had a white robe on. He stared dumbly at the being in front of him.

“My name is Jake.”

“Who are you?”
Jarod thought towards Jake.

“I am an Angel and you are in Heaven. You died and it’s time to go back.”

“Why would I want to go back? The Centre will just keep on chasing me.”

“I know, but the good that you’ve done in the world is worth it and you’re not finished yet. There’s so much to experience yet Jarod. Don’t give up hope.”

“Will I find my family?”

“I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you that son.”

“Why not?”

“Because I just can’t.”

“Why do I have to go back?”

“Watch this.”


The Angel swiped a cloud to clear it and they looked down towards the earth. Jarod saw Miss Parker grieving and drinking herself to death. Then he sees Sydney in his house who was also grieving, but he looked like he lost a lot of weight and didn’t sleep very well. Then it switched to Broots and he was grieving too. Debbie was there trying to comfort her father with tears in her eyes.

“You see you mean a lot to those people. Miss Parker misses you even if she will never admit it. She misses the late night phone calls and the clues that you give her to her past. Sydney misses you too. You are the son that he thought he never had. He would never admit it because he was afraid that you wouldn’t return his love. See even Broots misses you and you gave him his daughter. He misses you too. See even Debbie misses you and she’s never met you. She knows that you were the reason why she’s with her father and for that she’s grateful. You have so much to offer the world Jarod. You just need to see it. Even the lives that you already touched miss you. They never got to thank you, but they are Thankful even if they couldn’t say it. Look at the great things that you’ve done for the world and see the great things you can do. The world needs a hero like you. Don’t let them win Jarod. Live your life and help people on the way.”

“I’m not a hero.” He said quoting his brother.

“To many people you are Jarod.”

He thought about it and he wanted to go back. He wanted to go and help people.

“Good choice Jarod. You will do good in the world.”

Jarod woke up in the hospital and looked around. There were no sweeper, no Miss Parker, or Sydney. The nurse came in and found that he was awake and she hurried away to alert the Doctor.

The End