Table of Contents [Report This]
Printer Microsoft Word

- Text Size +

Disclaimer: I have no rights to The Pretender and have never met any crew or characters. I am not making any money of this, etc. Written(copyright) 1999.

Synop. Takes place at third season finale. My version on what happens after. Excuse any spelling and grammer mistakes!


I Love You
by Kimberly






On The Airstrip.

“Welcome back to the Centre Jarod.” Raines wezzes. I look around I’m trapped their going to take me back to the Centre and I can’t even save Miss Parker. A sweeper grabs Jarod and flips him onto his stomach on the ground. He tightly cuffs Jarod’s hands behind his back and pulls Jarod to his feet. Mr. Lyle walks up to Jarod with a hood in his hands, Jarod immediately starts to struggle but the sweeper is stronger and holds Jarod in place while Lyle slips the hood over Jarod’s head. The sweeper man handles Jarod over to the car and straps him inside. Lyle, Brigitte and Raines take their seats in the car while Jarod sits in between two sweepers. The car heads for the Centre.

_____________________________________________________________________________

On The Airstrip.

“Mr. Broots help me put her in the car.” Mr.Parker yells. Broots and Mr.Parker put Miss Parker in the car and Sydney drives them to the hospital.

_____________________________________________________________________________

At The Centre.

A sweeper guides a still hooded Jarod into a room and leaves him sitting in a chair. Jarod is frozen with fear, he didn’t speak the entire car ride. He has so many thoughts going through his head that even he can’t sort them all out. What is the Centre going to do to me? Will I ever see my family again? Is Miss Parker all right? And to make matters worse having a hood over his head reminds him of when he was kidnapped, each flashback adds more fear. Just then the door is unlocked and someone walks in. The person goes and takes off Jarod’s handcuffs and hood. Jarod sees he’s in the very same room they put him in when he was first brought to the Centre. The man in the room sits in front of Jarod and says “Hello Jarod my name is Mr.Richards, I’ll be taking care of you for awhile.” Jarod remembers Sydney saying that to him the first time they met. Mr.Richards look about the same age as Sydney and seems nice but Jarod reminds himself that Mr. Richards works for the Centre so he must want something.

“Well the polite thing would be to say hello back.” Instead of saying hello Jarod responses, “What do you want?”

Mr.Richads doesn’t look pleased. “Jarod I’m going to ask you some questions and corporation is a must.”

“I’m not coroperating with the Centre in any way.” Jarod mumbles back.

“Well that to too bad because your life now just go worse.” Two sweepers burst into the room and grab Jarod. They drag him down the corridor and strap him down on a cot in a cell similar to the one he occupied in his early days at the Centre. The sweepers locked the door on their way out.

_____________________________________________________________________________

At A Hospital.

“How is she doctor?” Mr.Parker asks.

“She’s stable for now.”

“Will she survive?” Broots interrupts.

“I’m sorry gentlemen but she lost a lot of blood, I’ll I can say is that we have to wait and see, sorry.” the doctor walks away to give Mr.Parker, Sydney and Broots some privacy.

“How could I go on if my Angel dies, that bullet was meant for me she never should have gotten hurt.”

“Your right sir, but it’s not your fault, you didn’t do this to her.” Sydney reassures him.

“I just hope she’ll be okay.” Mr.Parker confesses.

“She will, she’s a Parker.” Broots says firmly.

_____________________________________________________________________________

At The Centre.

They’ve left Jarod alone, strapped to a bed in his room for hours. Just as Jarod was starting to believe they would leave him in his room until he would go crazy Mr.Richards walked in with a tray of food. He set the tray down on the desk and pulled up a chair to sit by Jarod.

“Are you ready to answer my questions Jarod?” When he didn’t respond Mr.Richards started asking. “Where is you father and the boy?” No answer. “Are you scared of being back at the Centre, of me?”

“I’m not scared.” Jarod lied, he was actually terrified.

“Are you ready to do a sim?” Mr.Richard kept asking questions and Jarod stayed silent. “Fine don’t answer my questions, it’s time to eat anyways. Mr.Richards put a spoonful of food infront of Jarod’s mouth, only for Jarod to turn away. “Jarod you have to eat, you can’t get out of this. So either you co-operation or the sweepers will force feed you.”

Jarod turned looked at Mr.Richards and opened his mouth where Mr.Richards deposited the food. After feeding Jarod he said goodnight and left Jarod to sleep.

_____________________________________________________________________________

At A Hospital

“She’s awake.” a nurse said to Mr.Parker as he walked into the hospital room. Miss Parker turned and smiled weakly at him.

_____________________________________________________________________________

At The Centre.

The sweepers put him in the simulation room in the morning and Mr.Richards walked over to Jarod and said “Let’s get to work.”

“I already told you I’m not working for the Centre anymore.”

“In that case I guess it’s time to visit Mr. Rains.” The sweepers dragged a struggling Jarod into another room and strapped him into a chair while Mr.Richards watched. Jarod was still fighting against the restraints and shouting when Rianes walked in. As soon as Jarod saw him he froze.

“Not being a good boy I see Jarod. Lets see what we can do about that.” Raines threatened.

_____________________________________________________________________________

At A Hospital.

Sydney and Broots waked into Miss Parkers hospital room with dinner. They were happy to see Miss Parker was fine and anxious to return to the Centre.

“Everything’s great Jarod’s back at the Centre, I’m going to be fine and we can all return to Blue Cove and then I can kill Raines.” Miss Parker announced with an evil smile on her face.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Jarod’s Room.

Jarod woke up to pain all over his body that’s when he remembered Rains asking questions and when he didn’t answer Raines would send electric shocks thoughout his body. Jarod was pleading and screaming for it to end and it finally did when he lost consciousness. Jarod sat up in be not sure what to do, but then he heard a scrape from inside the ventilation shaft. “Angelo” Jarod whispered under his breath. Jarod stood on his bed so he could talk to Angelo.

“Jarod sad” Angelo muttered.

“Yes Angelo, I’m sad.” Jarod replied.

“Sad to be back?” Angelo asked.

“Sad for many reasons” confirmed Jarod.

“Angelo save, take to family.”

“No Angelo you can’t help, if you get caught they’ll hurt you.”

“Mr. Rains hurt you last night.”

“How did you know that Angelo?” Jarod questioned.

“I heard you screaming.” Angelo said sadly.

“I’m sorry Angelo I didn’t mean to scare you.”

“I help Jarod, Jarod friend.”

“Your my friend too Angelo, but if you really want to help e-mail my dad and tell him I’m okay.”

“Jarod lie to father.”

“It’s a good lie.” Jarod stated. Jarod’s room door opened and Angelo
crawled away.

“Your bed is not something to stand on Jarod” Mr.Richards lectured.

“Sorry” Jarod returned quickly.

“Come along Jarod it’s time to do a simulation.”

“I don’t want to do a sim” Jaod said fearing Mr.Richards reaction.

“I don’t care if you want to or not now let’s go.” Mr. Richards yelled grabbing Jarod’s arm and pulling him from his room.

Jarod was supposed to simulate drowning. He was put into a glass box with only enough room to stand and move 2cm in any direction. Jarod didn’t want to do the simulation but when Mr.Richards started setting the scene and the glass box started to fill with water Jarod paniced and became the drowning victim. “I’m scared, I know I need to get to the surface but everytime I try to swim I only seem to sink further. I can’t save myself, no one can save me.” Jarod yelled. Once the water got up to his mouth the water was drained and he was allowed to get out of the box. Jarod was crying by the time the simulation was done, he had given them what they wanted and he was powerless to stop.

“Stop crying.” Mr.Richards said.

_____________________________________________________________________________

At The Centre.

Miss Parker, Sydney, Broot s and Mr.Parker all walked into the Centre together and went to their offices as if everything was normal.

_____________________________________________________________________________

At The Centre.

Jarod was laying on his bed crying when Sydney walked in. Sydney? What is he doing here? Jarod thought. Sydney pulled Jarod up into a sitting position and rocked him as though he was a child as Jarod cried.

Finally when Jarod got himself under control he spoke. “Sydney what are you doing here? Where were you? Is Miss Parker all right?”

“Jarod slow down, one question at a time.” Sydney laughed.

“What are you doing here?” Jarod asked again.

“To make sure your all right. Which you aviously not. What did they do to you?” Sydney asked. Jarod turned away for Sydney, he didn’t want to say what he had been though.

“Jarod don’t close up on me. Tell me what happened.” Sydney conjoled.

“I gave them what they wanted, I did a simulation.” Jarod admitted.

“Jarod it’s alright I know you didn’t want to do a sim, but that’s what you do, it’s who you are.” Sydney soothed.

“But I tried to stop it, but I couldn’t stop myself I was too scared.”

“Why are you so scared?” Sydney asked.

“Because I’m scared of the Centre, Mr.Raines and Mr.Richards.”

“Who’s Mr. Richards?” asked Sydney.

“He’s taking care of me now. Didn’t you know?”

“No, but I’m back now and I’ll try to be put in charge of you again.”

“No one’s in charge of me Sydney. I can take care of myself. Besides your not my father. I don’t have to listen to you.” When Jarod saw the look on Sydney’s face he regretted his words. Although Sydney had said he was glad that Jarod found his father, Jarod started to wonder if that was true. Jarod knew he was jealous of Sydney and Nickolas’s relationship.

“Jarod you back in the Centre you know you don’t control your life anymore.”

“It’s not fair, I’m an adult I can make my own decisions. I mean I just found my family and the Centre took me away from them again.”

“Jarod you know I didn’t want that to happen.”

“But you let it.”

“I was trying to help Miss Parker.”

“Is she okay?”

“Yes, she’s already back to work.”

“Are you kidding she actually came back even after they shot her.” Jarod yelled.

“Jarod the Centre is her life, just like it’s yours.”

“The Centre is not my life, I never wanted it to be.”

“That’s it Jarod I’m tired of arguing. I’ll try to be put in charge of your care again but I can’t promise you anything.” When Sydney reached Jarod’s door Jarod yelled, “Wait.”

“What is it Jarod?”

“Um well will you at least come and visit still?” Jarod asked nervously.

“Don’t worry Jarod I won’t forget you.” Sydney flashed him a reassuring smile and Jarod smiled back.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Miss Parker’s Office.

“Miss Parker, what are you doing here?” Raines hissed.

“You didn’t think a bullet would stop me, did you? We still have the boy to catch.” Miss Parker said with determination.

“Well then you better get to work.” Raines said walking away.”

“Oh I’ll get to work all right” Miss Parker whispered under her breath.

_____________________________________________________________________________

In A Simulation Room.

“Finnish you work Jarod.”

“Can I please go to bed, I’m tired.”

“You can go to bed when you finish you work” Mr.Richards replied.

“No.”

“What did you say?”

“I said no.” Jarod confirmed. Mr.Richards walked over to the table Jarod was sitting at and leaning over him and whispered.

“You can’t say no.”

_____________________________________________________________________________

Jarod’s Room.

Jarod was in his room reading a book when Angelo came though the vent and into his room. “Angelo are you crazy ere going to get in trouble, they’ll see you on the camera.” Jarod said panicked. Angelo pointed his finger towards the camera when Jarod looked he noticed it was
off. Jarod smiled at Angelo.

“Angelo go message.” Angelo told Jarod.

“Is it from my father?” Jarod asked.

“Yes he come tonight and save you.”

“How is that possible he can’t even get into the Centre let alone my room.” Just then Jarod’s door opened and Sydney walked in. Both Angelo and Jarod froze.

“Angelo what are you doing here? You know you not supposed to see Jarod. Go back to your room.” Sydney didn’t seem pleased.

“We were just talking.” Jarod said as soon as Angelo left.

“You two could have gotten in big trouble.”

“He turned off the camera so no one would know.” Sydney just sighed. “How are you doing today Jarod?”

“All right, I did another simulation.” Jarod said disappointed.

“Did Angelo tell you about your father’s plan to rescue you tonight?” Sydney asked. Oh no Jarod thought. They knew, he wasn’t going to be free again. Sydney saw Jarod’s worried face and smiled at him. “Don’t worry Jarod he’ll save you I gave him the Centre blueprints and security codes.”

“You did what? Your helping him. Your going to save me? Why?”

“I remember someone told me once that everyone deserves a family.” Sydney said on his way out.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Midnight; Jarod Room.

Jarod was laying on his bed waiting, his dad should be here soon. Are things going to be the same. Are him, his dad and the boy going to search for his mother and sister together? And what about Sydney he was risking his life to save him. Just then Jarod heard a noise from the air vent. “Come on Jarod, it’s time for us to be a family again.” Jarod’s dad helped lift him into the vent where they immediately hugged.

“I missed you. I thought I would never see you again.”

“It’s all right Jarod, let’s get going.”

_____________________________________________________________________________

At The Centre.

Sirens rang all over the Centre. “Search every sublevel and the surrounding area.” MissParker shouted at the sweepers.

“Well Miss Parker it seems your assignment is to find Major Charles, Jarod and the boy.” Raines told her.

“I’ll find them.”

_____________________________________________________________________________

On Some Road.

Major Charles looked at Jarod’s sleeping form in the passenger seat again. He had been so worried when he found out the Centre had stolen Jarod again. It was as though he had to live through the fear of never seeing his son again. Wile Jarod was being held in the Centre the Major had learned a lot about the clone. Jarod and the boy had a lot more in common than just their genetics. They had the same compassion, a craving for junk food and they were both so innocent and naive.

“Where are we?” The Major was so deep in thought that he hadn’t heard Jarod wake up.

“Were almost to our apartment.”

“Our apartment?” Jarod asked.

“Yes the boy is there waiting for us.”

“How is he?”

“He’s good. We were both worried about you. Are you all right, they didn’t hurt you did they?”

“I’m okay now. I heard you talked to Sydney.” Jarod mentioned.

“Yes he helped me get you out. He cares about you.”

“Do you remember you last words before you flew off with the boy?”

“Yes, I said I love you.” the major answered wondering what Jarod was trying to say.

“I just wanted to say I love you too.” Jarod told him a little timidly.

“Do you love Sydney also?”

“What?” Jarod was caught off guard. Would his dad be mad if he admitted to loving Sydney.

“It’s all right if you do Jarod. In fact I would be happy for you.” Major Charles reassured him. He didn’t want Sydney and Jarod’s relationship to end because of him.

“I love Sydney, but he doesn’t love me back.”

“Why do you say that?”

“Cause he has a son and he’s never told me that he loves me.”

“Jarod have you ever thought that maybe he couldn’t say I love you because of being at the Centre.”

“Maybe, but I still would like to hear him say it.”

“Then when we get home, you should call him.”

“Home?”

“Yes home.”

_____________________________________________________________________________

At The Centre.

“Any word from Jarod, Syd?”

“None yet Miss Parker. Don’t worry we will find him.” Miss Parker left in full furry storming down the Centre halls. Her plan was ruined. Jarod was her ticket out of the Centre. As soon as she was free she had planned on killing Raines. Now she’d just have to wait until the time came.

“This is Sydney.”

“Hello Sydney.”

“Jarod, good to hear from you. Are you back with your family now?

“Yes, I just wanted to thank you.”

“Well like I said before someone told me that everyone deserves a family.”

“Your still my family Sydney.”

“And your still mine Jarod.” There was silence, neither new what to say. Finally Jarod spoke. “Um well I guess I better get going.”

“Jarod wait. I.....I just wanted to say that I love you.” Jarod was speechless. Sydney said he loved him, he actually told him. Jarod was so happy it was like he had two fathers now.

“I love you too.”



Feedback please : cyberkimber@hotmail.com