The lever by Haiza Tyri
Summary: Two drabbles pondering the signs in the shipping container in "Survival."
Categories: Character Musing, Anything/Miscellaneous, Trust, Season 4 Characters: Jarod, Lyle, Miss Parker, Sydney
Genres: Angst, Character Musing
Warnings: None
Challenges: Drabble #13 Quotes
Challenges: Drabble #13 Quotes
Series: Episode Drabbles, Father and Son, Sydney and Miss Parker
Chapters: 2 Completed: Yes Word count: 203 Read: 3241 Published: 15/06/09 Updated: 15/06/09

1. Flexibility by Haiza Tyri

2. Do Not Pull This Lever by Haiza Tyri

Flexibility by Haiza Tyri

Flexibility

            Psychological flexibility. That was what Sydney found in the shipping container where Jarod had imprisoned Miss Parker and Mr. Lyle for several days. One warning sign—Do Not Push This Button—to trap them, for Mr. Lyle, who despised and did not understand him. Another—Do Not Pull This Lever—to release them, for Miss Parker, who understood him and did not understand herself. One man would think up one of those signs, another the other, but who would think up both of them? Jarod. He manipulated two different people two different ways, using one method. Flexibility. He would survive.

Do Not Pull This Lever by Haiza Tyri

Do Not Pull This Lever

            Afterward, Miss Parker understood the significance of the signs. Do Not Push This Button—for Lyle, who was impulsive, defiant, and stupid. Jarod understood him too well, manipulated him too easily. Lyle trapped himself by his own cunning.

            Do Not Pull This Lever—for her. Oh, Jarod had her well-trained now. Once she would have pulled it. Now he said Jump, and she jumped, just to see why. He was always telling her something. This time: her own freedom was in her hands, with a Centre sign saying Do Not Pull This Lever. She was too afraid to pull it.

This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=5375