Dragon House by Haiza Tyri
Summary: A series of drabbles from various points of view on "Dragon House."
Categories: Character Musing, Love, Season 1 Characters: Emily, Jarod, Jarod's Family, Kyle, Mr Raines, Sydney
Genres: Angst, Character Musing, Drama, Tragedy
Warnings: None
Challenges: Drabble #01 Love
Challenges: Drabble #01 Love
Series: Episode Drabbles, Father and Son
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 423 Read: 9158 Published: 15/06/09 Updated: 15/06/09

1. I decide who lives or dies by Haiza Tyri

2. Protecting Jarod by Haiza Tyri

3. Found and lost by Haiza Tyri

4. My big brother by Haiza Tyri

I decide who lives or dies by Haiza Tyri
Author's Notes:
Kyle and the weight of responsibility.

 I decide who lives or dies

            I decide who lives or dies. I decide who lives or dies.

            It throbbed in his head. It throbbed in his sleep. The weight. The responsibility. Once it had been power, intoxicating. The power of another person’s life or death, held in his hands. Mr. Raines had given him power. To hate was power. To hold a gun to another’s head and decide whether he lived or died was power. The power had become weight. I decide who lives or dies. For every person who passed, he had to decide.

            It was a weight he was ready to give up.

 

 

 

Protecting Jarod by Haiza Tyri
Author's Notes:
Sydney witnesses Raines trying to kill Jarod.

Protecting Jarod

           “No. I’m not going to let you do to me what you did to my brother. You—leave me alone.”

            Hidden in the alley, Sydney smiled, hearing Jarod’s voice, his words. He was proud of Jarod. He was proud of himself. He had taught him well, despite everything. Go, Jarod. Run. Find your answers.

            Then he saw Raines’ hand creep into his jacket. Time and place swirled around him. He didn’t have to see the gun in Raines’ hand to know he was going to shoot Jarod. Without thought or volition, his own gun was out, aiming, firing. Protecting Jarod.

Found and lost by Haiza Tyri
Author's Notes:
Jarod's thoughts after seeing his mother and sister.

Found and lost

            I saw them. I saw them! Suddenly I’m not so alone in the world. I have a connection. I saw her say I love you. Out there, somewhere, is a mother who loves me. A sister who has never known me.

            I lost them. I lost them! Suddenly I’m more alone than ever before. In so short a space of time I have found and lost, found and lost. The world is more empty than it once was. My world is empty. Yet the world out there is not so empty as it once was. Mother, sister. I saw them.

 

My big brother by Haiza Tyri
Author's Notes:
Emily's thoughts after seeing Jarod for the first time.

My big brother

           I saw him. Jarod. My big brother. My whole life has centered around him, our parents longing, searching, crying, fleeing, all for him, but I have never once seen him, until today. Funny. I have always thought of him as a little boy, the little boy in Mom’s picture, with the big dark eyes. But he’s a man, a tall man, with a strong, vital face. Only the eyes are the same. I would recognize the eyes anywhere. And yet they’re not the same. I have never seen such hurt eyes. They haunt me, possess me. Jarod. My big brother.

This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=5371