Love, Death & Roses by Apollos Girl aka AG
Summary: Absolutely no clue =P Helpful aren't I?


Categories: Alternate Universe Characters: Jarod, Lyle, Miss Parker
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 2188 Read: 7604 Published: 07/01/06 Updated: 07/01/06

1. Prelude by Apollos Girl aka AG

2. Fallen Roses by Apollos Girl aka AG

3. Too Late for Miracles by Apollos Girl aka AG

4. Rebirth by Apollos Girl aka AG

Prelude by Apollos Girl aka AG
Disclaimer: It belongs to the creators of the Pretender and whoever else owns the Pretender. So don’t sue!
Authors Note: Like it, Hate it? Should I continue? Let me know!!! Also G&V and E&L will be continued this summer. G&V is almost completed. =) YAY!!!



Love, Death & Roses
Prelude: Paradox

By Apollo’s Girl




True love is a paradox. It is suppose to be the one feeling in the world that gives you the most hope and happiness, only it leads to death. A beautiful and horrifying death. One that was not meant to be and to be all at the same time. Your true love’s killer is none other than yourself. Who’s your savior then? Your worst enemy.

At first it bothered me. The first time I saw it happen. But I understand it now that everything is all over. Now you may be asking what it is I’m talking about. I’m only talking about what happened to the two people most in love. To begin this tale is to begin at death, her death. Because that’s where the story always begins…
Fallen Roses by Apollos Girl aka AG
Disclaimer: It belongs to the creators of the Pretender and whoever else owns the Pretender. So don’t sue!
Authors Note: Like it, Hate it? Should I continue? Let me know!!! Also G&V and E&L will be continued this summer. G&V is almost completed. =) YAY!!!



Love, Death & Roses
1 - Fallen Roses

By Apollo’s Girl



It happened like a scene from a movie. She stood there with her back towards the viewer. Long locks of hair falling into perfect streams, the light reflecting off it like the sun on water. In front of her were long stemmed roses from him. They had obviously been there for some time. There were dried rose petals along with some rich dark velvet red ones. The edges starting to curl with black that would turn into a dusty red later on. She was silent. No movement at all, only turned when she heard the trigger.

It seemed then that time had slowed, as if the director were calling for us to come closer to watch the horrifying beauty of this. All focus goes to her face as her hair is pulled away like a curtain by the turning of her head. Her blue icy eyes wide and her lips open in a small shocked expression. And then you hear the shot echoing slowly across the room. Her head thrown back by the impact and your whole body tenses at the sight. All your emotion goes out to her as she falls…

Falls…

And falls… Like Sleeping Beauty when pricked by the spinning wheel. She falls and her arm brushes against the vase of roses. So they crash down beside her. The translucent water mixing in with her own red liquid of life, framing her face. Spilling the rose petals across her. And the petals tell you what you can see in her. That there was still life, but that she was dead.

Dead.

When that realization comes, so does all the sound because you were so entranced by the scene you heard nothing. Like the room and you had become silent for this one act. And so you stand there watching and hating everything you see but feel this peace all at the same time. You keep praying that some miracle will happen that she will open her eyes and give a small laugh. But you know she won’t because she is dead. Dead because you pulled the trigger.

I pulled the trigger.

No…

True love pulled the trigger…

And still you wait for that miracle…
Too Late for Miracles by Apollos Girl aka AG
Disclaimer: It belongs to the creators of the Pretender and whoever else owns the Pretender. So don’t sue!
Authors Note: Like it, Hate it? Should I continue? Let me know!!! Also G&V and E&L will be continued this summer. G&V is almost completed. =) YAY!!!



Love, Death & Roses
2 - Too Late for Miracles

By Apollo’s Girl





Months have passed since her death. And I stand here at her tomb stone. A simple black piece of marble engraved with her name and her endearments. “Loving Daughter, Friend and Sister Miss Parker 1999” I place a single red rose on her stone like I did for our mother. I feel no remorse for killing her. She had asked for it. Now I know you must be looking at me in shock and wonder how I could say such a thing with such calm and flippancy. The only reason for it is that it’s the truth. The plain and simple truth.

She had asked for it, beseeched me to do it. What? Is probably the response you are forming. Fitting, since that seemed to be her favorite response. What? Honestly I think that was what should have been printed on her stone. But I digress.

Yes she came to me to help her end her suffering, her damnation in hell. After all, am I not the devil incarnate? Who else could free her soul from the place but the keeper of it?

In truth I did not want to help at first. Then I thought that perhaps there was something to this that I could use to my advantage, to wield her into my power and make her enslaved to me. Then I realized I was just kidding myself. My sister would never do anything to willing put herself into someone else’s power. She was already too far entrapped by her own heart to several different men. She would not add me to the list, so back to square one of not wanting to help.

Then she did it, the one thing that would make me her slave, to turn me from enemy to ally. She gave me our mother…

She would come to me unexpectedly at night and would tell me about her. Hours, upon hours of talk about our mother. What she was like, how she smelled, how she loved. And she would become her for me. Holding me, singing the same songs, telling the same stories as our mother told her.

It got to be where I would call her when I felt scared or worried. Yes, I do feel despite what it may seem. And she would come, no questions asked. I would just open the door and she would walk in and hold me. She would walk me to the bed and give that smile of hers. She’d start to sing a lullaby with my head in her lap as she smoothed my hair and once again I was a little boy.

I was Bobby.

I was Bobby with my true mother. The one who should have comforted me, the one who should have raised me. So my sister gave me our mother. Gave me the comfort and the security that I never felt.

So I gave my sister freedom. Freedom from the burden she felt. The heaviness and darkness that wouldn’t go away. I pulled that trigger that made her fall. I was the one who watched as the rose petals fell onto her like the feathers of a fallen angel. I feel no remorse for it. For a miracle happened.

A miracle that was too late for everyone else, but her and me. A miracle that we could only give each other.

Her rebirth.
Rebirth by Apollos Girl aka AG
Disclaimer: It belongs to the creators of the Pretender and whoever else owns the Pretender. So don’t sue!
Authors Note: Like it, Hate it? Should I continue? Let me know!!! Also G&V and E&L will be continued this summer. G&V is almost completed. =) YAY!!!



Love, Death & Roses
3 - Rebirth

By Apollo’s Girl





The roses bloom hiding the many thorns that protects them. And me with my gloves slowly go to tend them. It’s been months or years since she died. Died by her psychotic brother’s hand. Died by the harshness of her world. By the icy fire that emitted from hell: The Centre.

Time has no place here anymore since her death. I just tend the gardens behind my house and do the things that I enjoy. Life has taken on new meaning since that day. It was like a new lease on life. To do the things that she always dreamed of and always deserved. Things that no one could do to keep her safe not even those who said they cared about her the most. Not that there weren’t times that she was happy. But those were far and few between. Flickers of a dying flame.

Since then I have came to this little house out near the county and the city. In between like a limbo, being able to enjoy the best of both worlds. Rose Cottage we call it. A bit corny, but true, for what mainly grows in here are roses among roses. I’m happy leading this life. Her death in so many ways was the key to unlocking the door to heaven. A heaven where peace and a quiet happiness was the ultimate nirvana.

I was about to tend my favorite roses and the most troublesome. The dark rich red velvet roses that grew in the center of my garden. When the back porch door swung open. I could make out his figure by squinting against the sun and I wave a friendly hello. I can see him smile and his feet taking a step to approach me.

“Belle!”

Belle. My little nickname he likes to call me. Beauty it means. I’m the Beauty to the Beast. At first I hated it, but it grew. To others I’m Annabelle. I felt it to be too cheesy for others to call me Belle. But he does. His prerogative he says.

“Micheal!” I smile as he takes me into his embrace. The safest place to be. He plants a kiss on the top of my head and holds me tighter. I feel his gloved hand brush my hair aside as he pulls away from me.

“Missed you Sis.”

And I just smiled back as I led him up to the kitchen where I had baked some brownies from mom’s old recipe. We sat and talked, mainly the things that I have done. My days of tending the rose garden and painting.

“You know should just open up your own shop.” He suggested as he took another big bite of brownies. “You know a little gallery with maybe a rose shop on the side. People love your art and roses.”

“I could, but I’m not sure if I really want to.” I replied thoughtfully. “and where would I open it?”

“Why not in the city? I happen to know a great a little corner where you could have it.”

“Well-”

“Well what?”

“Micheal, I don’t-”

“Come on sis! You know you’ve been wanting one for a while now. Anyway you need to get out a bit more!”

“Yes but”

“No buts! I can help you out for a bit. I’m due for a vacation from that place anyways. Oh come on! It’ll be fun!” Micheal smiled at his sister, his eyes imploring her.

“You know I think you want it more then I do.”

“Does that really matter?”

I laughed. “I guess not. Since you already seem to have some idea of what you want. Sure why not!”

“Great.” He smiled and leaned in to give me a kiss on the cheek. I smiled back at him. Then he got up to get some milk. My eyes followed him and I asked quietly, the only thing that still haunts me at nights from her life.

“How are they?”

He turned to me and he looked at me tenderly. I turned my eyes to the other wall, not wanting him to read my eyes.

“Sydney is fine and so is Broots. I heard his daughter, Debbie has become quite the actress at her school. She’s starring in her school play, the youngest one I believe.”

I smile at that. The only person I regret leaving behind. But the smile fades as the silence hangs heavy. I want to ask, but am afraid to here. However my brother knew me better.

“Jarod is still on the run. I do not know where he is. We think he’s running with Zoey now, there are signs that the two are together now.”

I nod and begin to clear the table. I know my brother worries about me, knowing that Jarod still causes me much pain. When he reaches out to touch my shoulder, I turn around and let him know I’m alright. We clean the dishes as he tries to lighten my mood. And I let myself remember my new life, a reincarnation of myself, for a life I longed to live and am living.


TBC
This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=4494