Angel by Apollos Girl aka AG
Summary: Miss Parker must deal with a new development in her life...
Categories: Season 3 Characters: Jarod, Miss Parker
Genres: Angst, Character Musing, General
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 1656 Read: 9616 Published: 02/12/05 Updated: 02/12/05
Part 1 by Apollos Girl aka AG
Disclaimer: It all belongs to Craig, Steven and NBC.

Author’s note: This was inspired by stories that I have read over the net. I hope you enjoy this. Oh, conversations in ** ** are Miss Parker’s conscience and herself arguing with each other.

Warning: This is suppose to be a dark story and the ending is not too happy, so if you’re looking for happy endings don’t look here.

Angel
part I

By Apollo’s Girl





Miss Parker sat at the edge of her tub feeling numb as the water slowly filled it, the steam rising in tendrils. As the water reached close to the top she turned off the faucet and lowered her chilled body into the scolding water. She still felt numb as she tried to relax, but her father’s words echoed through her head.

„Kill him Angel. Kill him." They repeated themselves over and over like a mantra. The Centre had decided after three years of freedom that Jarod was not worth the money to capture again. If they were able to capture him again, he would most likely escape again. So kill him, save money, not waste anymore people or time. Kill him, it was so simple and they wanted her to do it.

But it should be easy for her ** Shouldn’t it? ** After all she was cold, unfeeling, the ** Ice Queen ** She’s killed before.

** Your own brother! **

** But he lived! **

** You still shot him! ** So she was a killer. She could kill him. After all Jarod’s father killed her mother, he was the cause of all of her pain, the ulcer, the emotional; he made her feel the void in her soul. She shouldn’t care if he dies. She doesn’t care.

** But you do care. **

** Why? **

** Because he’s the only who cares for you. ** That was like slap across her face.

She got out of the tub and wrapped the huge towel around her body. She made her way to the bed and just lay there, not bothering to get dressed. Letting the water cool off on her like ice.

** Kill him Angel! **

Either way she would kill him. Bring him in and slowly kill his soul or just shoot him. Shooting him would probably be better, short and sweet, less painful. But would she be able to live with it. ** Probably not. **

** But what else could she do? **

** You could let him live. **

** Letting him live? **

** Let him find his own happiness. **

** Could I give it to him? No, yes, I don’t know! **

„Kill him Angel. Kill him, kill him Angel."

She opened her eyes in the darkened room and felt someone besides her.

** Jarod! **

„What?" She whispered as she felt him sit besides her, placing a hand on her bare arm.

„You’re cold." He whispered back, his voice silkily seductive. He ran his hands up and down her arms trying to warm her. She felt weak and confused.

** Why? **

„Parker." He whispered in her ear. Too close. His breath hot against her wintry skin.

„Can’t!" She replied weakly as she moved her lips to his. He captured her lips and deepened their kiss with each passing moment, his hands undoing her bound towel. She shivered at his warmth and at how his hands traveled over her body.

** No, no, no! **

They kissed more deeply, their bodies melding into one. She reached her hand out. Cold metal.

One shot.

Blood.

His.
Silence.

Miss Parker sat straight up, feeling the beads of liquid clinging to her body. She wrapped her arms around her. Rocking herself she looked at the bed.

** Nothing **

Her body, just sweat.

** A dream. **

She got out of the bed and made her way to her dresser. She put on her nightshirt and robe. Walking out into the living she stared at everything around her.

** You can’t do it. **

** Can’t do what? **

** You can’t kill him. **

** No I can’t. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself. **

** What are you going to do? **

Miss Parker looked down at the picture of her and her mother.

** I’m going to see her. **

She pulled out the gun from the table drawer. She placed by her temple.

„Goodbye, Jarod. Be safe." She whispered and she pulled.

Silence.

Hers.


Go to Angel of Death for an alternative ending
This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=4431