All In The Family by Holliday
Summary: After Island of the hunted. Things get a bit more interesting.
Categories: Post IOTH Characters: Baby Parker, Broots, Jarod, Lyle, Miss Parker, Sydney
Genres: General
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1067 Read: 4065 Published: 13/08/05 Updated: 13/08/05

1. Part 1 by Holliday

Part 1 by Holliday
Disclaimer: The characters Miss Parker, Sydney, Jarod, Broots etc. and the fictional Centre, are all property of MTM, TNT and NBC Productions and used
without permission. I'm not making any money out of this and no infringement is intended.


All In The Family
part 1
by Holliday




Prologue:

Blue Cove, Delaware
Miss. Parker’s House

Parker listened as the phone went dead. She had just talked to Jarod. Running thru their usual. Cat and mouse games. However tonight was different. After discovering the “truth.” She really wasn’t up for anymore of the games. Parker had lied when Jarod had asked her was their more than he ran and she chased. There was more and she knew it.

Yet what was the question? There was no doubt in her mind that he found her attractive. And she was just the same as he. But between the job and him she didn’t know where that left her. She hadn’t been dishonest when she said that had already been made for them. Yet neither had counted on their new findings.

Raines the wheezing corpse, that wouldn’t die. Was now the only thing standing in the way of her freedom. Yet somehow Parker knew if she brought. Jarod in her freedom would belong gone. As for her brother he had already aligned himself with their father. Somehow that ghoul as her creator felt wrong. But this was the Centre and something’s even in that place where stranger than fiction.

Even still all things returned to Jarod. And there was the question what was she going to do about it.?

Part 1

The Centre
Blue Cove, Delaware

The cool clicking sound of heels echoed thru the hallway’s. A small smile played on Miss. Parker’s face. Heading into her office. She sat down at her computer. Sydney had seen her on her way in. Wondering why she seemed to be in a good mood. It had been a few a weeks since she had lost and gained a father. Raines really couldn’t be considered that except in the genetic department. Nevertheless Sydney took it upon himself to check up on her.

Opening the door slowly. Sydney stepped inside.

“Miss. Parker?”

“Yes. Syd What is it?”

Sydney quirked an eyebrow.

“I was just wondering if everything was alright with you?”

“Surprisingly enough I’m in a pretty good mood. Things seem to be almost back to normal. Lyle is out of my hair. Raines is nowhere to be found and boywonder just sent me a gift. All in all. I’m having a good day and since it may not last forever I’m enjoying it.”

Sydney watched as the small smile drained from her face. Turning he watched as the door to her office opened. Parker was up in a second.

“What is he doing with you?”

“Nice to see you to sis. Lyle said as he held his brother in his arms. I was baby- sitting and something came up and Dad asked me too leave him with you.”

“What are you talking about? I don’t have the time to baby-sit.”

“To bad it’s urgent. I mean so here.” Lyle said handing the crying child to his sister. The second she took him he stopped crying.

“Well he seems to like you.” Sydney said as he looked at her .

“I did deliver him. Since Daddy killed himself I’ve gone to see him but. I can’t care for him. I’m supposed to be catching Jarod.”

“Parker it would seem that now family comes first.”

“Syd this is still the Center. Something’s not right.” Parker looked up. Broots had just burst thru the door.

“Broots I want you to find out what Lyle snd Raines are up too?”


“Parker?” Sydney was looking at Parker as. Broots burst thru the door.

“Hi Syd. Miss.Parker. Lyle just charted a jet he is on his way to Africa.”

Setting the now sleeping infant in his carseat. She noticed the package on her desk. Sydney was still unsure of what to make of Parkers orders to Broots a second before he arrived. He wasn’t even sure if. She had been aware of it.

As she picked up the package. Opening it there was a small card attached to a silver baby rattle. The card read: “Happy Mothers Day.” M.P. Love J. Miss.Parker looked up at Sydney.

“Your labrat has finally lost his marbles.” She said tossing the card to the Doctor. Sydney couldn’t help the small smile on his face as he read the card.

“Well I think Jarod sees you as the mother figure in Christians life. It’s quite endearing.”

“Don’t make any plans for the cookout.” She replied rolling her eyes. Standing up she walked over to him.” If I have to be mom for a day there’s something’s I need to get. Syd. Call me if anything comes up on wonderboy.” Smilling Sydney left Miss. Parker to her new duties.

As Parker was leaving the Centre her phone rang.

“What?”

“Now, Now. Miss. Parker is that anyway to answer the phone in the presence of a child.”

“Jarod what do I owe the pleasure of your call. I received your package. I’d hope not to be hearing from you at least for a few weeks.”

“Well I wanted to make sure you had everything under control. Caring for a small child isn’t easy.”

“It’s only for a few days.”

“I wouldn’t be so sure.” Jarod said as he hung up the phone.

****

The Centre
Blue Cove, Delaware

“Now son. Trust me your sister is doing well with Christian. As long as those two are together she will be easier to maintain.” Raines hung up the phone. Lyle was in Africa. Talking to the Triumvarite. About the latest dealings about the Center and his sister. His father was one sick bastard. A step down even from Mr. Parker.


Raines sat back in his chair. He knew Lyle was easy to manipulate who ever had power he was sure to follow. Parker was different she was loyal and no amount of cajoling could change that. Their was a reason she had survived for so many years. He just hoped. He hadn’t lost her.


TBC……………
This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=3620