Shadows of a Blue Moon by Kathryn Burns
Summary: Jarod's Thoughts
Categories: Season 3 Characters: Jarod
Genres: Angst, Vignette
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 368 Read: 1607 Published: 14/08/05 Updated: 14/08/05
Shadows of a Blue Moon by Kathryn Burns
***********************
Shadows of a Blue Moon
by Kathryn Burns
© March 2001
***********************


A Pretender Story


Rating: PG/PG-13


Archival: FanFiction Universe Archive, All others ask before using!


Spoilers: Once In a Blue Moon, (Season 3 Episode)


Disclaimer: You know the drill. The characters in this story DO NOT belong to me. They belong to whoever owns them -- I'm just borrowing. I DO NOT make any money off this. I do this strictly for fun and personal enjoyment. I promise to return the characters (relatively) unharmed. For the record, I'm just a college student and have absolutely NO money at all so please don't sue me.


AUTHOR'S NOTES:


This is my first Pretender fic. And the first story I've never been able to title. Any ideas?


It's Jarod's POV from the episode.


***********************


*
S
*
P
*
O
*
I
*
L
*
E
*
R
*


*
S
*
P
*
A
*
C
*
E
*




What does it say about me?


What does it say that I can so clearly understand what and how a psycho thinks? I can almost hear the thoughts that he's probably thinking, running through my head.


No, I won't become the monster. But I have looked in its face - pure evil in a human disguise. Pure darkness, all wrapped up in a quilt of humanity.


When you looks into the face of a monster that evil, you have three choices - become, run, or understand. Many will become. Most will run, but very few will be able to understand, really understand, and pull away.


How do I understand? I don't know. I'm almost afraid to try and explain it, for fear that whoever I tell it to will think I'm crazy.


The eyes truly are the window to the soul. I looked into the monster's eyes - all I needed to know was there: his thoughts, his mind, and the essence of what he truly was.


Those eyes - could make anyone believe that Satan exists, that man is by nature evil and sinful.


Cold . . . calculating . . no love, no hate, no emotions at all, and something infinitely more sinister.


Pure evil in the most disturbing of places - the quiet neighbor next door.
This story archived at http://www.pretendercentre.com/missingpieces/viewstory.php?sid=3630